Side Story: Tea Time with Old Folks

Author's Note: Thank you omayda for the wonderful idea. As soon as you mentioned this, I really wanted to write this. Uhh, here's the end product of it. xD

If you guys want to see anything else in the story that wasn't really touched upon, then here's a good place to request little drabbles and stuff. Like how Lambo interacts with the kids, how does the reader speak with Varia, how does the reader meet Fuuta-- or other things like that. :)

Enjoy!

============

Reborn sipped his tea, watching the elderly man quite carefully. A smirk tugged at his lips as he refrained from bringing up the most obvious change within your grandfather. Instead, he chose a safer route for the conversation. "Your granddaughter looks just like your wife."

The elderly man gave him a small smile. "She does, doesn't she?"

They continued to drink their tea in silence. They did not dare to address the elephant in the room, but the less they had to talk, the more the subject came up. "I'm surprised you are amicable with my granddaughter's friend group. Last time I remembered, you detested kids."

Reborn snickered, "I don't think I have it in me to detest your adorable and only grandchild."

A chuckle rolled out his mouth. "So, she really is in the Vongola, eh?"

"She is quite a valuable asset, and she has such an influence on most of the guardians... especially the most difficult one to handle," Reborn answered as he glanced out the window.

"You make my future grandson-in-law seem like a monster. That Kyoya is a real gentleman!"

It was Reborn's turn to chuckle. "Future? They haven't gotten married yet. They probably won't though."

"Nonsense. I know many things about the future," he beamed. When Reborn sent him a skeptical look, he began to defend himself. "[Name] dropped a picture of her kids when her older self visited. She said something about a bazooka or what not." Having said that, he whipped out a crumbled picture of the triplets. "Look how cute my great grandchildren are! They even come to visit me from time to time."

Reborn nodded, letting out a sound in amazement. "How many more bazookas will that stupid cow's family make?"

"Who knows... but I can die happy now that I know [Name] will be fine."

"Stop your pathetic talk. The man I knew back then was a ruthless tyrant, who was feared by almost everyone," Reborn quipped.

"I still am. Where do you think my granddaughter got all her strength from? Her intimidating nature? It was all me!" your grandfather exclaimed with pride.

"You act like she's you're daughter while you still have a son," Reborn stated lowly. "Have you forgotten about him?"

Your grandfather hesitated for a moment as his smile faded. "I love my son, but his hatred for me is something I wish to forget. He wasn't the kind and loving father [Name] pictured him to be... He was corrupt to the bone. The only thing that was worth his existence was having [Name]."

"That's pretty harsh."

"I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Reborn. You were quite a force to be reckoned with when you were in your normal form," he pointed out. "Popular with the ladies as well."

"I still am. Don't paint me as some immature infant," Reborn retorted as he sipped on his tea.

Your grandfather laughed heartily at the comment. It took him a few moments to recover and resume to normal, but the moment of happiness made him wonder. "Do you believe in karma?"

The infant tilted his head. "No, I don't. Why ask?"

He set his tea cup down as he expressed his doubts. "Because I don't understand how I can gain all of this when I haven't done a single good deed before I had children."

"You acquired a no-good son."

"Now, now. Don't bring up the past."

Reborn shook his head, "Maybe it was because you raised [Name] to be a decent girl. She is a major component in Tsuna's group, and it's all thanks to you," Reborn deduced. "So maybe you haven't done things wrong, [Last Name]. You've helped Vongola tremendously once again."

Your grandfather smiled as his eyes crinkled around the edges. "Thank you, Reborn... Although, the Reborn I knew wouldn't have said such a kind thing. He would have shoved a gun to my face and told me to man up."

Reborn smirked. "How times have changed."

"They surely have."