Chapter 22

Running down the hallway, you knew where Kyoya had escaped to. It was the only sanctuary where he was ever able to think in peace. You zipped off your heels in the process to make the run easier and held onto them with a tight grip. You sped up the stairs and with your hands occupied, you used your backside to push the rooftop door open. As soon as the door slammed open, you felt the wind blow furiously at you, attacking your styled hair.

However, the wind didn't matter much to you at the moment as your eyes went straight to the Namimori prefect, whom was standing by the fence that encased the rooftop. He was glancing at his school, guarding it expertly as always. He shifted his weight to one leg as the other one bent slightly, getting comfortable in his upright position.

"Kyoya," your softening voice reached his ears. He didn't bother to acknowledge you, but he wasn't dismissing you, so you strolled over to his side.

You held onto the fence and leaned all the way back, as the fence became the only thing holding you from falling on your ass. You waited for him to talk to you as you played around with the silver fence, hoping he would have some comment about your speech, but that wasn't the case as he silently ignored you.

"I'm romantically interested in you only," you began the conversation, "so if something happens in the future, it's going to be your fault."

His piercing charcoal orbs snapped over to you, a smirk appearing on his lips, "You're amusing."

"I'm just stating the truth. I wouldn't voluntarily hurt you," you scoffed, tilting your head upwards to see the night sky and all the stars visible to the human eye.

"I already said you're mine." His slanted eyes stared at you, watching your hair cascade from your scalp. He had this urge to touch your soft locks, though he refrained, cautious to invoke any emotion from himself.

"I know," you answered, "I might do stupid things too and I don't know how long we will be together, but just right now, you have all my attention, Hibari Kyoya."

His calloused fingers shot forward into your hair to feel every strand, making your head turn to look at him. "You have a habit of being stupid."

You burst out laughing at how he ruined the moment you both were having. "True," you agreed, your hand moving to cover your mouth as you tried to hold in the obnoxious amount of laughter. "So.. Haha, I guess we're good?"

He leaned in to take a quick nip on your ear. You gasped and shifted away, a blush spreading on your cheeks. He smirked at your reaction, taking great pleasure in your tomato red face. "[Name]," he breathed out, calling you to come closer to him.

Your heart sped up since it was the first time he had ever called you by your name, especially your first name. You were always called 'herbivore' or 'you'. "I.. Uh. I'm heading back to see my friends--I'll see you later!"

You scurried off, making a b-line for the exit to escape him. All you could think of was, 'He'll really eat me, that carnivore."

xxx January xxx

You stretched your tired arms above your head, wriggling them around as you began to stand on your feet. You had been sitting your knees for hours, causing your legs to give up and drop you, though a strong grip on your arm kept you from falling.

"Woah, close one!"

"Yeah, thanks, Yamamoto," you grasped his arm to steady yourself.

"I said to call me Takeshi," he laughed, his hand messing up your hair.

"Dammit! I told you not to touch my hair," you exclaimed, harshly smacking his hand, "Now do your damn homework. It's bad enough that you guys didn't do your summer homework. You should do at least your winter homework."