Chapter 48

You hadn't slept this well in a while. Although you had endured many sleepless nights, when you held his hand, you forgot about all the turmoil that kept you up at night. After feeling the roughness of his hands against your own, you finally felt at peace.

He wasn't an apparition. He wasn't a figment of your imagination. He was Hibari Kyoya in the flesh.

He held your hand through the barred window, pushing through the discomfort. The both of you enjoyed each other's warmth, though it didn't last as long as you would have liked. His presence on the rooftop alerted security, and it wasn't long until they investigated it. However, before he left, you wanted him to be sure of your feelings.

"I don't blame you, Kyoya. I just want to see you again," you whispered into the brisk air. "This is torture, being here without you."

He squeezed your hand and left. He wasn't a man of many words, so the wordless goodbye didn't bother you. You were just relieved your prayers were answered, and that you were right about Tsuna lying.

After all, Tsuna was an absolute terrible liar.

••••••Two Months Later••••••

There was a quiet knock on the door before a nurse opened it cautiously. "Miss, you have a visitor," the nurse brightly smiled when she located your figure. You nodded, and she allowed the person entry into your room.

"Ah!" Your orbs sparked with joy, "Hayato!"

"Hey," he greeted you as he threw himself into a nearby chair. You joined him, sitting across from him on your bed.  

He watched you fiddle with the hem of your dress as you licked and bit your lip habitually. You were still working on your fidgety state, but it was much better than a few months ago. "Tenth wanted me to check up on you again," he spoke up.

"I'm fine," you sighed. "You guys need to stop worrying about me. I'm almost recovered and done with therapy."

He growled with annoyance, "You still have to hold onto something, and you get all twitchy when you hear a loud noise."

"That's way better than before," you defended yourself. "Plus, I'm not having nightmares anymore."

He nodded and began sending a text to Tsuna of the results. It had been the same routine for a while now, with Gokudera checking up on you weekly. It was all because Tsuna stopped his daily visits ever since the breakup with Kyoko. He was probably trying to make amends to the girl, but it clearly wasn't working. He was still trying to control you, and that continued to destroy his relationship with Kyoko.

You only saw him when something went dangerously wrong during therapy or if you had a random breakdown, which were both rare. You had also forgone the oppressing management of the nurses, thanks to Takeshi easing them into thinking you were alright. He was the one of the only guardians that was opposed to your stay here. Without the nurses' perpetual monitoring, Tsuna hardly ever got any information about your every action.

When Gokudera finished sending the text, he placed his phone down next to an envelope on the table. His eyebrows rose, and he hesitantly grabbed it. "What's in this?"

"Don't!" You snatched the envelope away from his curious fingers, piquing his interest. "That's my shit so don't touch it. I don't touch your shit."

"Going back to cursing?" Gokudera scoffed. "Whatever, it's better than your shitty scared face."

"I'll take that as a compliment," you laughed lightly but abruptly stopped. Your heart tugged as you remembered how your laughter was always heard by the stoic Cloud Guardian. You desired his company badly, even if he wasn't the best listener.