Chapter 21

Here's the link of the dress if you want to see it. :3

Dress: http://fave.co/SJm5yo

=======================================
xxx September xxx

"Good luck," your grandpa hummed as he kissed the top of your head, dodging any accessory you had on your styled hair.

"I've never been so nervous in my life," you forced out a laugh as you felt the pressure get to you. After two weeks of pure campaigning and hard work, the awaited day of when the winners would be announced had arrived, and you were stressing out. You were worried that by being Kyoya's girlfriend, you could automatically be disqualified. People were terrified of you whenever you passed by, trying to campaign. They would shuffle away from your presence and towards the safest place they could think of-- sometimes it meant the janitor's closet.

"You'll be fine," he patted your back as he helped you inside the taxi. You were more than capable of walking, but he refused to let you walk in your heels all the way to the dance, deeming it unsafe. Plus, all your hard work on your physical appearance would be ruined if you took the usual trail to the school.

"If I don't come back a winner, will you--"

He slammed the car door shut, halting your depressing sore loser talk. "If you don't come back a winner, don't come back home."

"What?" you exclaimed as your grandpa signaled the driver to go.

During the quick ride there, you went over the flash cards that you would be uses if you won. You also read over the millions of notes on how to act around students, something Kyoko and Haru had put together for your benefit. Some were common sense and others were restrictions. Don't eat too much. Don't curse. Don't make intimidating faces. Don't mention Hibari. Don't walk like a man, legs should be closed. Don't dance too wildly that you might hit someone. Don't do the chicken dance. Don't sneeze loudly... And so on.

"Miss, we're here. Should I open the door for you?" your driver asked in a polite manner.

"Ah, no! Thank you," you handed him the money before you exited the taxi and entered the vicinity of the school.

You stood in front of the double doors of the gym, mentally preparing yourself before you stepped into the judging looks of the student population. You straightened out the hem of your dress, one that you purchased when you were shopping with the girls last weekend. It was a metallic knee length dress with dramatic gold leaf patterns everywhere and a sheer black cloth underneath it to cover the parts the gold leaves couldn't. The neck line was modest, showing a decent amount of skin but not too much that your cleavage was in full view. You fixed your thick golden collar necklace that adorned your neck, hoping it wouldn't choke you to death if someone pulled on it.

"[Name]! You're here early!" Kusakabe called out as you entered the gym, "...Hibari is in a real bad mood right now since he has to check the dresses and tuxes."

"He's not going to check. He'll make you guys do it as always," you rolled your eyes, attempting to escape from him, however, his desperate gaze made you come back, "fine.. where is he?"

"The other exit of the gym," he pointed to the far left corner where the hidden exit was.

You grumbled under your breath as you traveled to the distant corner. When you arrived, you slowly opened the door with caution, "Kyoya?"

You poked your head out of the doorway to scan the area for him, though it was cut short, when you were face to face with him. "Hey!"

"What do you want?" he brushed you off, turning his head away from you.