Chapter 15

Author's Notes: So I am leaving you guys with this chapter as I depart from posting for a month. I will be extremely busy during the month of April, so I won't be updating anything, sorry. I made this chapter extra special though. :]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With the last finishing touches, you had two presentable looking hamburger steaks adoring the china plates. Placing then on the table, you glanced at the nearest clock with both hands on the six: 6:30 pm. This guy was late.

Tick Tok. Tick Tok. Tick Tok. Tick Tok. Tick Tok. Tick Tok. Tick Tok.

"REALLY?" you groaned at the emptiness of your table, your stomach growling from the tempting aroma. You spent more than hour debating on whether to wait for him or not, but your excitement made you tough it out. When it was already eight at night, your resolve weakened, and the hope that he would show was beginning to dissipate.

You weren't heartbroken by his no-show, just disappointed that he blew you off and regarded your feelings as nothing. You had actually believed he would show up, but he proved your wrong, probably cackling about it all right now. Just thinking about it.... Yeah, tomorrow you were going to cuss him out-- badly.

"You left your door unlocked," a familiar voice declared, "are you trying to get killed again?"

You whipped your head around to see the boy sitting down in front of the cold dinner plate. He didn't have his usual committee jacket on but still wore the rest of the Namimori uniform, though the shirt was torn a bit. With closer inspection, you noticed a scratch here and there on his face, though not anything worth attention. "Where were you?"

"Practice," Hibari spat out as he took a bite out of the steak, chewing it meticulously, "it's cold."

"Well yeah, you're two hours late," you responded as you took his plate and yours, "I'll heat it now."

You expected him to attack you for doing something nice for him, however, he allowed you to do as you pleased patiently. You swiftly walked to the kitchen and placed the meats in the microwave, pushing the reheating button. When you came back to the room, you noticed him scanning the interior design of the place.

"It was my grandpa's house when he was a boy.. A little renovated but it still has an antique feel to it," you explained to him, "it feels home-y."

"Your grandfather," he said in thought.

"I don't have parents if you haven't noticed," you laughed lightly, "but who needs them anyways?"

The noise of the microwave sucked you back into the kitchen to grab the heated hamburger steak with mashed pototoes. You placed it in front of him as you sat down in with your plate. You drooled a little, your stomach grumbling with need, but you didn't eat. Not until you saw Hibari Kyoya eat were you going to take a bite.

He noticed this. "Eat and stop staring at me."

"Fine," you sighed, throwing a piece in your mouth. Your mind turned blank as you went into an eating frenzy, devouring the steak, seeing as how you hadn't eaten the whole day.

When you finished, you noticed that he also ate everything. "Do you want more? I made several servings."

"Do what you want," he said in a harsh tone, pushing the plate towards you. You chuckled as you stood up to whip up another serving.

>>>>>>>>

"I guess I'll meet you tomorrow early in the morning," you sighed with reluctance.

"No, I won't be there."

Your smile widened when you realized that he had let you off the hook. "I guess the hamburger steak worked!" you laughed, your body leaning against the stone wall that surrounded your estate.