Chapter 25

Kyoya reluctantly followed you through the vacant streets of Namimori plaza, where all the boutiques and cafes were situated. With his bird on his shoulder, his foul mood had lifted a bit, enough to have him peacefully walk alongside you. If the streets were packed with pedestrians, it wouldn't have been as easy to facilitate Kyoya into the store. Thankfully, the adults were at their jobs and the most of the students were at school.

When you arrived at the store, you opened the door for Kyoya (even though that was usually the guy's job). You were greeted by a familiar voice, one that always aided you at the store.

"[Name]! Are you here with your boyfriend?" the young woman greeted you both, eyeing Kyoya and giving a nod in approval. You warned her beforehand that he was difficult to handle and he wasn't much of a smiler-- maybe a sadistic smiler, but you doubted she wanted to see that.

"Yeah, this is Hibari Kyoya," you introduced the irritated male. Why was he irritated? Because the noise level went from silent to loud.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Ayumi, and I work here--"

"Let's this get this over with," Kyoya ignored the girl, brushing past her and into the changing rooms.

You smiled apologetically, praying that Kyoya's rude comment wouldn't affect her. Fortunately, she seemed unfazed due to your constant warnings whenever you shopped here. Ever since you became a couple, you had mentioned him many times to her, even going as far as sharing all his qualities. She didn't think them to be normal, but she understood that he wasn't easy to get along with. 

"Sir, you can't bring in animals," you heard another sales clerk warn in the distance.

"Ohhh no," you moaned, running over to save the poor clerk from Kyoya's wrath.

Ayumi also went with you to handle the situation. She directed the clerk away from the both of you, assigning them cashier duty, and left you alone with Kyoya in the changing room.

"So, do you know what size you are?" you asked hesitantly. You desperately needed this shopping expedition to be a success if you wanted to cut his bangs afterwards. Yes, you had a vendetta against those long locks of hair; they had grown far too long that they obstructed his vision and your wonderful view of his eyes.

"Guess," he responded as his lips formed into a sadistic smile.

"I've hugged you enough to guess correctly," you reminded him as you took his statement as a challenge.

You left the changing rooms to retrieve any suit that he might tolerate. (You weren't expecting him to jump for joy at any suit, but at the same time, you didn't want him in a suit that he hated.) You diligently searched through the different designs and colors, debating what would look good on him and what wouldn't work. Although it was great that he was branching out of the Namimori uniform, you began to feel left out, abandoned even since you were still stuck in school. Hopefully, you would be preoccupied with the student council that the emptiness wouldn't kill you.

After ten minutes of searching, you came back with a complete matching set and eagerly handed it to him with a large grin. He eyed the garments for a moment and threw them in the changing room as he  walked in, sliding the curtain behind him to block any unwanted stares.

You waited outside, playing a game on your phone with such concentration that you didn't hear Kyoya walk out. Only when you felt a figure hover over you, you shifted your head over your shoulder to glance at the perpetrator. Your heart pounded harder against your ribcage, a light blush dusting your cheeks. "Holy shit. My theory was right.. I do like men in suits."

He smirked at your reaction as his fingers tried buttoning the sleeves. It was a button down purple shirt with a simple black blazer and slacks, nothing too flashy for the carnivore. But damn, he looked way too pleasing to the eyes.