Chapter 13

To say Harry was shook would be an understatement. He was petrified. He never though that someone as tough as Louis would do this to himself. He shouldn't have been judgemental. There were scars of cuts and burns all over his torso and thighs. He brought his finger upto a one that looked fresh. He touched it slightly and Louis winced, he pulled back his hand and mumbled a sorry. Louis just shook his head.

"Why? Why....do.....you do this... Louis?" He asked hesitantly.

"It may not seem like it but I am not the strong person I show I am. I cut myself. I have Ptsd. I can't cope up with it without cutting. I feel like I deserve to cut myself." He said while looking at ground.

"You can tell me Louis. I won't judge you." I said while cupping his cheeks.He looked at me reluctantly and said,
"It was my freshman year. I had 4 of the best friends in this world. You know three of them, Zayn,Niall and Liam. I was the happiest. Stan was his name. We always hung out together. I was really close to Stan. No other lad was that close to him. They were just casual friends but I was the closest to Stan. We always shared everything to each other. I came out to him first then afterwards to my friends and family. I only did it because he was by my side. I loved him like a brother. My mum also really liked him and the sisters too. One day there was a party at someone's house." He said while trembling, Harry moved closer to him and intertwined their fingers together. "We were getting bored. It was time to head back home. Zayn, Liam and Niall decided to stay back. So me and Stan went to get the car. Liam even told us not drive by ourself but I was so hell bent on doing it. Stan was driving. And speeding. He didn't see the red light. We were crossing the road and a truck hit the car. The truck driver was drunk. Stan died at the spot and I was barely scartched. He died because of me." He was sobbing against Harry's shoulder and Harry had never seen him so vulnerable and broken. He just hugged him so tight afraid that Louis might slip away.

"Lou. Listen it was not your fault. You have no right to blame yourself. You can just make sure that it won't happen again. You don't have to punish yourself for something that you didn't even do. The driver was drunk."

"No!no! You don't understand. He was driving ME home. He died because I insisted him to get me home. He left me alone. He was my best friend. Till this day, I feel like I don't belong. It was me who was meant to die, not him. But me." He yelled in between sobs. Harry cupped his face and wiped away the tears. "Louis. It wasn't your fault. You didn't have any part in that incident. It was that damn driver's fault. Louis, you can trust me when I say, I understand. You don't have to go so hard on yourself. Stand wouldn't want you to." And that words seemed to work their way to Louis's heart. It touched him. He rubbed away his tears and looked at floor blankly.

"Louis we will get through this together. Like you said you will help me, I will help you. We will be a team. Heck the best one." Harry said while smiling.

"Promise?" Louis asked while looking up at him with puppy eyes and Harry had to resist the urge to kiss him, instead he replied, "promise" and held Louis close to his chest.

****
A/N

Kept it short.