Chapter 15: Political Morning

"Who was that? Your boyfriend?" 

Jimin had just made it back home from his nocturnal outing, he tried to close the door as quietly as possible not to wake his sister. Much to his surprise when he found her waiting for him in the living space.

"Mina what are you doing still up?" he sighed with a hand against his chest "you scared me" he said.

"Just answer my question Jimin" she demanded, excited the hear a yes.

"He is a friend"

"Why are you lying? At first I thought this was something about work, so I waited here for you to tell me what happened at the palace" Mina started, "Then you come back with this guy, not from the palace. It looked a little suspicious"

"Why would you think it's about work?" Jimin asked, putting his black scarf away.

"Because I asked if it was about the Crown Prince and he told me that you worked together, also that it was urgent" she replied with a finger on her lips, looking upwards to remember more about the quick exchange.

"He said that?" Jimin raised his eyebrows. Did he know I worked at the palace? He seemed surprised though... 

"He did. Looks like it wasn't that urgent since you're coming back home after two hours" the girl pointed out "So? Who's the lucky man?" she grinned.

"You're always so nosy Mina, what did I tell you about minding your business?" Jimin chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

"I want know! You never tell me anything" she pouted "Do I really have to catch you in the act to find out you're seeing someone?" 

"I'm not seeing anybody" he denied, but her puppy eyes were getting the best of him "Okay, okay. He's someone I met back on the night of the festival, we just talked for a bit and never saw each other ever since. Until tonight" he explained.

"Really? So you don't actually work together?" 

"No we don't. He did work at the palace, but he was transferred to General Jungkook's private residence before I was hired" Jimin explained.

"How is he going to let the Crown Prince know then..." she muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"When I told him where to find you, he said my loyalty is appreciated or something. He said he would let the Crown Prince know but he must've lied" she huffed, feeling let down. 

"Point is, I'm not seeing anybody" Jimin went back to topic, glazing over how disappointed she looked over the General's approval.

"He sounded kind. His mask hid almost his entire face though" she pondered.

"Why does it matter if you can see his face or not, he is kind regardless" Jimin countered.

"Calm down Jimin, those two statements were completely unrelated" she laughed "What's got you so defensive, I thought you weren't seeing him" she teased even more, amused by her brother's flustered reaction.

"I'm not, he's just... sweet" Jimin replied "He's nice to be around" he added.

"Listen I'm not here to monitor your relationships, but I would love to at least know when you're in one" she finished before wishing him goodnight and going into her room.

He did the same, taking off his clothes and changing into more comfortable ones, then laying in his bed. Was this it? Did he finally find somebody? He didn't know what to think of the other man. He was attracted for sure, he also felt comfortable with him, but was that enough to dive into an entire relationship?