Chapter 4: The Night of the Black Star

"You're a Liquis?" The Prince asked, totally baffled with the turn of events. "Were you the one who shot that?" he asked again.

"Yes, that would be me" The other said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't even get your name" Jungkook shook his head, clearing his mind of all the questions he had.

"I'm Jimin" he said with a small bow.

"Nice to meet you... I'm Jungil" he introduced himself as well using the same fake name, although impatient to find out all he wants to know from the other.

"Jimin, if I may ask, how are you able to handle what looked like a rock, while being a Liquis?" he questioned. He did witness the rock turning into water in the end but how could that be possible.

Jimin was a bit skeptical about answering that question truthfully since he could tell that the masked man was very skilled. Pyres were generally built strong, but this one's fire was also powerful, it was able to intercept and stop his dagger as if it were but a ball of paper. This Jungil young man might seem impressed but I am even more, that was one of my strongest throws, Jimin thought.

"I suppose one shouldn't reveal certain secrets to just anyone" he replied instead, dodging the question, only for another one to arise.

"Fair enough, also it seems you are able to use your element without the help of any blade or sword" Jungkook pointed out, making Jimin look down at his hands and shrug. "Once you find your inner source, you don't really need to use any tangible item" he simply said.

Jungkook's raised his eyebrows in wonder. "I'm sorry if I sound intrusive, but I'm genuinely curious. How come you are able to send these sharp shapes with such speed without a director?" he asked again, crossing his arms and waiting attentively for the answer. He would like to know how he can use this stranger's techniques to train himself and make his army at least a little bit stronger.

"Sir Jungil, you said?" Jungkook nodded "Have you ever heard of the tale of the 5th element?"

5th element? What is he talking about? Jungkook thought.

"No I haven't actually" he replied, starting to become dubious about the authenticity of Jimin's words.

"I know this is not what you want to hear, but perhaps you'll find the answer to your questions yourself then" Jimin smiled, walking over to the edge of the rock layers forming that hill and sitting down, expecting the other to join.

"I can tell you are strong yourself, but I can also tell you think of your element as a defined part of your body" Jimin stated again, looking at the masked stranger who had just started walking over.

"But isn't it? I thought that considering my fire as an extension of my arms, I would be able to control it as I wish" he replied, sitting down and looking at the festival getting emptier little by little.

"That is true, but then that's all you'd be able to do... Elements are meant for much more than just controlling them." Why did this young man speak with such wisdom. He was certainly around the same age as him but Jungkook couldn't deny the difference in their thinking.

"What does that mean?"

"The tale of the fifth element started when a young Val found a way to control the weather with his Air element. It is a tale that my father used to tell my sister and I when we were children"

Jimin started telling Jungkook about the story of the Val as they sat side by side, and he listened. All the words registering in his mind just like a child hearing a bedtime story, creating a few expressions on his face along the way. The festival began to be quieter and the townsfolk were going back home since it was past midnight. The small stands and shops were closing and the music stopped a few minutes ago, leaving the illuminated streets empty of any activity, just for the two of them to watch from above.