Chapter 36: Allegion

"So could you explain to me how you've come to know this Min Yoongi?" Jimin asked.

On another note, the Liquis had washed their clothes that morning and put them out to dry in the sun, leaving them with the few items not often worn; Jungkook's red tunics. As they stayed inside, both of them wore red, an unusual sight for the Pyre who was only used to seeing cold colors on his pharmacist.

"First, may I just say that you look magnificent," Jungkook said, in awe of his appearance. No Pyre had such light hair and fair skin, he found their contrast with the crimson fabric mesmerizing.

"Thank you" Jimin smiled, "Now?" he added.

"He was one of the Chuseok visitors in the palace, wishing to share a few of his accomplishments with regards to the harvest and trade in Ujin," Jungkook replied. 

"And why did he catch your attention?" as far as Jimin was concerned, this man was but another farmer proud of his yield.

"Because of something he said," he mentioned, "Do you remember the first night we met? You told me a story about a boy who controlled the weather," he reminded.

"The tale?"

"It might not be only a tale. I distinctively remember him making pleasantries about having the weather in the palm of his hand, and his tone gave the impression that he wasn't really lying to whomever was open enough to believe it," he pondered. "Moreover, the results he shared were too impressive to turn a blind eye on such a detail" he added.

"You think this man is an elemental mage?" Jimin whispered.

"I do" he confirmed, "And I want him to teach me," he nodded. 

"Very well, have you an idea of where to find him?" he asked.

"None" Jungkook sighed, "Ujin isn't so little, and he could be leading activities anywhere since he is an executive member of the Eastern agriculture committee, which means we need to investigate," he replied.

"You have experience with that," Jimin pointed out.

"I do," Jungkook nodded, but looking down at himself, his abdomen still neatly wrapped in fresh bandages and his limbs limply resting on the mattress, he knew he had little help to provide. Bedridden, there was only so much information he could acquire.

"I know that expression," the Liquis scoffed softly, "You can hear the voice of everything in the world, but is it possible that I've become able to hear the mind?" he chuckled as he kneeled by the bed, brushing his hair. Its silver color brightened by the minute, reflecting the warm glow of Jungkook's flames in the fireplace as it dried.

"And what is it I am thinking?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"You find it frustrating that you can't venture out to find him yourself. You feel helpless, yearning to regain your productivity," he responded while looking deeply into his eyes, reading them like an open book.

"Perhaps you can hear the mind, mine at least." the Pyre confirmed.

"Only yours I reckon," Jimin smiled. "I've come to know you so well," he said to him.

"I must admit, many of my thoughts revolve around you, and although it's a pleasure to speak them to you, there are sentiments too tender to share," he confessed, his eye contact faltering momentarily.

"Why may you lay your ear over my chest and listen to the way my heart beats after the things you say or do, when I cannot do the same." Jimin asked, judging the indirect request unfair.

"So intrusive, aren't I..."

"It makes me both glad and irritated that you can perceive my emotions without me voicing them out. I'd love to have such power over you too." he slightly pursed his lips in dismay.