Chapter 13: Play Pretend

* Jimin refers to Jungkook as "Jungil" because he doesn't know they are the same person *

---

He missed this, riding his horse as it ran through the woods and forests. The wind blowing against him and brushing his long hair back, almost burning his eyes as he cut through it. It had been around four months since his latest battle ended, and he had only made it back to the castle a few weeks later. Nonetheless, there was something inside him that longed for the thrill he felt heading towards the enemy with his men. It was exhilarating. 

Right now however, he was cursing under his breath because all he could think about was how stupid he was for not asking for more detailed directions. The sister just said Jimin was by the river. But where exactly? Even with a horse the river would be worth hours of travel, Jungkook pondered.

He decided he would just start at the closest point and continue his way along the stream, the other man had to be somewhere there. He hoped Jimin wouldn't have moved away by the time he reaches the place.

The forest didn't start too far from town, in fact, the capital was almost surrounded by trees. The city was located in the south of the kingdom, the royal palace sitting in the middle with the different districts around it. 

Where Jimin lived was the more fancy side of town, it laid ahead of the palace gates and had the largest businesses. Now, the direction where Jungkook was going went beyond that into the woods which separated the habitations from the ocean cliffs.

 Now, the direction where Jungkook was going went beyond that into the woods which separated the habitations from the ocean cliffs

Letting his horse find his way between the trees, Jungkook paid attention to his surroundings if ever Jimin was in the area. The river came from the mountains in the West and flowed through the forest, accumulating in a small lake then flowing out in a waterfall into the ocean. 

The sound of water started reaching his ears, and soon enough, the sparkling waves reflecting under the moonlight filled his view in an opening of the trees. He slowed down taking in the scenery and relishing in the calming blue hue, blue was his favorite color after all.

He arrived at the lake a few minutes later, noticing the thickening of the flora because of the abundant hydration. Which side of the lake should I trot? Jungkook asked himself, he thinks he might miss Jimin if he wastes time looking in the wrong place. 

I'll keep going on the left side I guess... He only needed to take a number of steps before a voice suddenly boomed in the silence. 

"Who's there?" It said. Jungkook didn't have to think twice before turning with a smile, he certainly recognized his pharmacist's voice.

"J-" 

The first thing he saw was a dozen of crystal daggers floating in the air while pointed in his direction, the closest one was pushed forward to a few inches from his face. What had Jungkook in awe was the fact that Jimin managed to make his way out of the greenery, followed behind him and used his element without himself noticing a single thing. What dexterity... You never cease to impress me Sir Park.