Chapter 11: Someone He Trusts

"Creating scenes as always my Queen" another voice said from behind the pharmacist making Jimin sigh in relief, he wasn't the center of attention anymore.

"Speak of the devil, I hope you listened to every word I said Crown Prince" she declared, trying to pick yet another fight with him.

"Please, nothing I haven't heard before" Jungkook rolled his eyes. He put a hand on Jimin's shoulder to get his attention, not knowing it was already on him. Jimin turned to the Prince hoping his feelings of pity didn't show, he knew he failed when the man's eyebrows knitted.

General Jungkook is definitely not someone I should be feeling bad for, but I must admit, this scene must be humiliating.

"You should hear this everyday if it were up to me, while sitting in a cage" the Queen pushed, really adamant on hitting sore spots.

"I didn't think you missed my flames so badly" Jungkook said and everyone gasped. It appeared that word had spread about the incident so everyone knew what he was referencing, but he simply shrugged in response to their reaction.

"This is no way to speak to your Queen Jungkook! His Majesty will be hearing about this!"

"I don't want to speak to you at all. Now I would like to engage in a private conversation with my pharmacist" he replied, his chest puffed with no ounce of hesitation in his voice. Jimin was torn between being stubborn with the Crown Prince, or getting himself out of the Queen's sight. He chose the second option and bowed quickly, walking behind the other.

"Of course you're leaving without being excused, again. Queen Jieun died too soon to teach you any manners-"

"That's enough!" a new voice interrupted, and upon hearing it everyone bowed out of respect to their King. The old man held his arms behind his back as he was followed by two of his counsellors, his face sported an angry- or almost disappointed expression, but his tone was authoritarian. "Queen Sunmi you have overstepped all sorts of boundaries! This is not the behavior of a Queen" The King continued.

He was dutifully castigating the woman for her childish demeanor, when a low hissing sound was heard amongst the people in the area. It was deep and chilling, Jimin turned to the source and was met with the Crown Prince's piercing gold irises and steam coming through his parted lips. "Oh no..." he whispered quietly.

" he whispered quietly

"My son. Contain yourself" the King tried to reach Jungkook with his voice but the young man's bulging temple were proof that he wouldn't succeed. All he cared about was the woman in red right in front of him and all the ways he could suck the life out of her. He took one step closer to the Queen, it was short and experimental, just to study everybody's reactions.

"My Prince, please do not take another step" Jimin calmly suggested, discreetly bringing an arm behind his back. There are no competent guards around, at least not for the strength General Jungkook is exhibiting. At this rate, he will end up killing his own people. With a swift movement of his finger, he drew water from the fountain at a small distance away and kept his eyes set on the Prince.