Chapter 27: Charcoal Eyes

Park Jimin, a very talented and popular pharmacist woke up today to be the talk of the palace again. It has been a few days since that started, and the more he wants to convince himself it would pass, the more it proved to be a problem.

I do not need to be escorted anywhere I go, and I certainly do not need to be assisted during my meals... The idea of being courted by a Prince has made my daily activities unbearable. He thought as he slipped through a few doors to get away from the court ladies monitoring him.

I am not even truly being courted by the Crown Prince, he huffed.

Today was special, he needed to officially give his sister and her suitor his blessings for their engagement. He needed to attend her ceremony and say a few words in her honor, which won't happen if he's stuck inside the palace of course.

"I can't sneak out from the wall breach, it's the middle of the day I will certainly get caught" he muttered to himself as he looked at the guards patrolling in the distance.

He did have a plan as per usual, but this one didn't involve fooling the Prince for once, at least not the oldest.

"Young Prince Kyungsoo, such a pleasure to see you on this fine day" he greeted, acting like he bumped into him coincidentally.

"Sir Park! The pleasure is mine, I have not yet congratulated you" the boy smiled, settling his arms behind his own back and straightening his stance to assume all formality in the exchange.

"Much to my dismay, I don't believe I have done anything worth your praise my Prince" Jimin bashfully countered, not grasping what he was talking about at first.

"You've captured my brother's fancy, I am sure that says a lot about you" he replied, a fond smile adorning his expression. The pharmacist on the other hand only bowed, thanking him as he didn't want to ruin the fantasy.

Him and the Crown Prince decided not to speak against the whole courtship news, Jungkook claimed he needed to investigate why it was publicized in the first place and Jimin argued that it was to their advantage. They were spending a lot more time around each other and at least with this excuse, they didn't have to justify their privacy.

"I am glad you mentioned that, there's a favor I would love to ask of you but I am afraid I would impose" Jimin started, scrunching his nose.

"Oh please, I shall see what I can do" Kyungsoo shook his head, gesturing for Jimin to carry on and make his request first.

"Could you please convince the guards to let me out of the palace?" he tried, pursing his lips as he waited for a response, but the suspicious knot between the young Prince's eyebrows already showed it will be harder than that.

"I thought you were allowed out with my brother's authorization not mine..." he wondered out loud.

"Do you know why that is?" Jimin asked with a coy smile to create a slight challenge.

"He just said he wanted to keep you close as he courts you" Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Right, well, whenever I want to go out I have to tell him exactly why and where I will be, he's overprotective like that" the pharmacist chuckled.

"I can imagine" the teenager smiled fondly.

"But you see, that really doesn't work in my advantage when I want to do something for him in return" Jimin replied suggestively.

"As in... without his knowledge?"

"Exactly, I can't just tell him what I'm preparing don't you agree? It would beat the purpose" he added, hearing a hum of acknowledgement from the younger boy.