Chapter 5: The Palace

Jimin entered his house quietly, making sure not to wake Mina up. It was dawn already, the sun was rising and it was going to be morning in no time. He thought he should be able to sleep a little before he has to get ready for the palace. He had pulled one of the formal Hanfus his father used to wear when asked for by the King, and laid it on one of the chairs. Today is going to be interesting, he thought before closing his eyes and drifting to sleep.

---

"Jungkook! Wake up" Kyungsoo knocked on the sliding door of his older brother's room. "It doesn't matter how tired you are, if I don't wake you up, someone else will" Kyungsoo shrugged and Jungkook groaned.

"What's so important on the second day of Chuseok" He complained, rubbing his eyes and entering his room again, followed by the other.

"All royal receptions are on the second day of Chuseok" he reminded.

"Well the people surely don't want to see my face at such a lovely time" He nonchalantly stated and collapsed on his bed again. 

"Will you stop being dramatic for one second" he rolled his eyes, "Besides, the King insists on your presence in all meetings today since you didn't attend the Chuseok celebrations last night" He snickered making Jungkook sigh and bury his face deeper in his pillow. 

"You're enjoying this aren't you" he asked as he sat up and walked to the bath.

"Well it would be unfair for you to have the luxury of skipping events you don't want to attend with no consequences, let's say I'm satisfied" he held his head high and proud. 

"I guess father having a favorite child just didn't sit well with you" he laughed and moved Kyungsoo away, just enough to close the door of the bathing area. He won't be so sure of himself by the end of the day, the younger Prince thought before huffing and walking away to his morning practice. 

Jungkook started getting ready by wearing his royal attire, the silky fabric was finely weaved and the gold embroidery was the work of very skilled artisans in the capital. He brushed his long hair and pulled it up entirely, securing his top-knot with one of the luxurious hair accessories and pins. He let his eyes fall on the crystal flower on his dresser and slightly smiled at its toughness. 

"The Crown prince has arrived" the court ladies announced from outside the throne room as he walked in. 

"Good morning my King, happy Chuseok. May the dragon year bring many gifts to the kingdom and keep you healthy and prosperous" he wished as he bowed to greet His Majesty. 

"Thank you Crown Prince. May it also keep the heir to the throne just as healthy, and perhaps grant him enough wisdom to consider my suggestion. Look at how good being Crown Prince looks on you my son" the King chuckled making Jungkook smile, he nodded, accepting the compliment.

"Prince Kyungsoo informed me that I'm expected to attend all the royal receptions today" Jungkook started, hoping that it was only a joke. These things were very boring, it was mainly people bringing gifts of all types, or leaders of certain work fields coming in to report their achievements to their King in hopes of receiving financial encouragement from the palace.

"That is indeed the truth. You did not attend last night's celebrations for one, last year you were away and this year you chose not to celebrate with your old man" he shook his head, "I also wanted you to get in contact with your people, listen to their requests and accept their presents" 

Great, so it is a punishment, Jungkook thought to himself.

"Of course my King, I shall be by your side" he replied instead.