Chapter 22: Hard To Tame

"Good morning sister"

"Where were you? I waited for you until late thinking you would come back but you didn't" Mina asked when she met him by the academy.

"I'm sorry, I was asked to spend the night here... There's a lot of work I need to do and so it would waste time to go back a forth from home" he explained to her, hoping she wouldn't ask any more questions.

"These are new clothes too, I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say that" she added.

"Indeed, I will be fetching some Hanfus from my room later today, just in case I have to do this again"

"It's okay Jimin, you can stay here if it's easier for you, I'll be fine alone" she reassured with a smile.

"Of course you will" he smoothed the top of her head and returned the smile.

"I have to go, see you later maybe?" 

"Sure"

"Mr. Park, the Crown Prince is expecting you in his office" a court lady said from his side right when his sister turn her back to him. 

"Of course, I'm on my way" he sighed. 

He didn't want to be here, but he didn't have a choice at all. I wish I was in my store working on new fragrances, he thought as he stared at the Prince in the eyes, sitting across from him and fighting his urges to up and leave. 

"Sir Park, you're looking at me like you're looking through me" the man pointed out after a moment. 

"My mind was caught up in brighter memories, I apologize" he replied with a fake apologetic tone to his voice, hearing the other hum in acknowledgement shortly after.

"Your acerbic wits are losing their charm day by day, Jimin" he asserted, adverting his gaze to the writing between his hands with a slight frown curving his lips.

"No need to make this any more personal than it should be. That said, I believe a last name basis is more appropriate" Jimin claimed, setting his forearms on the surface and grabbing one of the books that laid on it.

"Very well... I did some reading last night, and I have a few questions to ask and confusions to clear out" Jungkook announced, flipping the pages to the one Jimin showed him the evening prior.

"Do tell my Prince"

"I think at this point we can also drop the flattering titles, if you don't consider me your Prince don't call me as such" Jungkook asserted on his end as well. If they needed to become strangers so be it, he will not let his pride be hurt more than it already had been and he doesn't need Jimin's love or approval to live, he was doing just fine so far without it. 

"Would you name your concerns then Crown Prince?" 

"The Allura masters all four elements, if I understand correctly" he started.

"Indeed"

"I cannot wield anything other than fire" he flatly affirmed, he knows he can't use other elements because he didn't feel anything when he tried last night.

One of the easiest exercises when learning Pyre art is to move the flame and morph it into another form. Whenever he tried he felt this warmth in his chest, and soon enough the fire starts shifting to his will. He failed to do the same with any other element, and wondered if there was a different approach for each.

"I know. You're supposed to learn the other elements from scratch" Jimin easily informed, "When the book said you have a lot to learn and acquire, it wasn't just talking about wisdom"