Chapter 33: Partner In Crime

"Excuse me, where may I find Park Jimin?" The old lady who gasped at the sight of him looked around for help.

He made his choice. He decided he didn't want to go through this alone, and took his father's advice of finding the people who will support him on his journey. But who has been his biggest support thus far?

He had cut his palm and held it against his face for the illusion of a head injury, letting the blood trickle down his face, then held a scarf against it just enough to conceal his identity. The people in town were not yet informed of his escape and had their guards down for now, so he needed to made his exit as soon as possible.

"Holy God, what happened to you?" she asked.

"Please" he insisted.

"He should be at his store two turns to the right" she responded.

"He isn't, I looked" Jungkook shook his head, hissing at the inexistent pain.

"He must be at the palace then, do you need me to show you a doctor?" she offered and he decline, thanking her before trying somebody else.

"Of course. I saw him heading to his sister's" a new man replied, "I can lead you there if you'd like" he offered.

"That won't be necessary, if you could only tell me where to go" he asked and followed the path described until finding himself at the designated doorstep.

He knocked.

"Good evening sir, oh- Woobin! Can you please come" the familiar Thera called her husband after noticing the blood. "Hurry" she urged.

"I was told Park Jimin is here?" he asked, making sure not to reveal himself.

"You can come in sir, have a seat before you collapse" the Pyre invited, and he hated to abuse of their generosity but he couldn't stay out in the open too long.

"Jimin!" Mina called, opening the door of the smaller room where her brother sat, stressfully rocking his body back and forth with his hands clasped under his chin. He couldn't wait to go back to the palace the next morning and find out the Prince was not found.

"Hello" she snapped her fingers by his ear, making him jolt. "What is going on with you?" she muttered.

"What is it"

"An injured man needs your help, I think he had an accident" she informed and he sighed. This is such ill timing, he thought to himself and nodded.

"Where is he" he asked, standing up and following her to the living space where he man sat, wearing very familiar armor he swore he handled only a few hours ago. His heart sank, surely it wasn't him.

"What are you doing here" he said, his heart hammering in its cage before the other dragged the scarf down his face, cleaning the blood and turning to face him.

"Heavens" Mina breathed in surprise.

"I came to find you" Jungkook replied, standing to approach Jimin, but Woobin stepped in between protectively.

"Please stay where you are, your Highness." the Pyre requested with his hand extended forward to create space. "I don't want to jump into conclusions and say that my brother in law is foolish enough to put not only himself, but his sister- my wife- in danger, but I do have questions." he pontificated, addressing both the Prince and his pharmacist accusingly.

"Woobin, I can explain everything" Jimin sighed, "He shouldn't have come here I know-" he added, glaring at the Prince who essentially did exactly what Woobin said.