Kakashi x Reader | Modern AU

Request: Can you do a scenario where the reader and kakashi is friends with benefits? (Can include smut if you want) and then kakashi gets jealous when we flirt with other guys but then at the end it turns into them both confessing their feelings for each other.

Warnings: Language, mentions of sex

__

Kakashi was mad at you.

Kakashi normally acted pretty nonchalant, even when he was upset, but he had certain mannerisms that you could recognize as anger. And currently, his irritation seemed to be aimed at you.

You had asked him what was wrong, but he had just brushed you off and said nothing.

You considered going over to Kakashi's flat to see him. You had just gotten back from having lunch with him and some friends but you didn't want to leave whatever this was unresolved.

Sighing, you slipped into your sandals and grabbed your keys.

Locking the door behind you, you began the 5 minute walk to Kakashi's place.

You and Kakashi didn't live far apart at all, which could be useful when you were feeling more...needy.

Though you knew it wasn't just you. More than once you had found the copy ninja at your door, looking disheveled and excited and way too turned on.

You definitely didn't hate the little arrangement you had going on with Kakashi, but something about it did feel off.

Maybe like something was missing...?

You weren't able to entertain the thought for any longer as you found yourself in front of Kakashi's door.

Staring up at the intimidating entryway, and suddenly feeling like maybe you shouldn't have come here, you considered turning around and leaving.

No. Whatever's wrong with Kakashi, I need to find out.

With a deep breath, you steeled yourself and raised your fist up to knock before the rest of your courage could escape you.

Before your fist could connect with the wood, the door opened, Kakashi looking down at you like he knew you would be there.

That reaction wasn't entirely unexpected. You knew Kakashi could probably sense you fairly easily. But you still flinched, slowly lowering your fist.

Kakashi didn't look very happy to see you. But if you looked past the cool apathy in his eyes you could see the little spark in his body language that said you came to see me.

Gulping, you opened your mouth to speak, trying to gather all of the remaining confidence that was currently evaporating from Kakashi's searing gaze.

"U-Um Kakashi, I- you seemed upset earlier...I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." You said arduously, though you probably sounded more like a shy little kid.

Kakashi looked at you for a few moments, silently. It was getting unnerving and your resolve was starting to crumble as Kakashi's facial expression didn't change.

"Y/N..." Kakashi sighed finally, "Come in."

Kakashi's sigh was heavy, and it perfectly reflected how you were feeling as you stepped into his flat, nervous and unwanted and god what were you doing here?

"Y/N...I accept your apology, if that's what this is about." Kakashi said lowly, as if your nervousness was unnecessary.

You blinked, taking your eyes off Kakashi's uncharacteristically neat living space and looking at him in confusion.

"My...apology? What do you...?" You trailed off, your confusion now clear as Kakashi furrowed his brow.

"For what happened at Ichiraku's?" Kakashi said as if it were obvious.

Tilting your head, you tried to recall what you could have done at lunch to make Kakashi upset.

After a moment, you shook your head, still confused. "I don't understand. What happened at Ichiraku's?

Kakashi narrowed his eyes, "Seriously? When you set up a date with Genma right in front of me?" Kakashi said, his tone fairly neutral but irritation seeping into it.

Your eyes widened as everything clicked into place.

Kakashi was jealous and he thought you had come over to apologize to him.

Your brows furrowed.

"What? Kakashi we're not together. I can be with who I want to. I shouldn't have to apologize for that!" You exclaimed.

"...But what if I wanted that?" Kakashi said quietly after a moment, and you stopped in your tracks.

"What..?" Was all you could say.

"What if...I wanted for us to be together?"

You stared at Kakashi, lips parted as you processed his words.

You'd had a thing going with Kakashi for a while now, you guys would have casual sex but that was about it. Sometimes one of you would stay afterwards but that was about as intimate as it got beyond sex.

But now...Kakashi was saying he wanted more?

You couldn't deny that you liked Kakashi, but were you really ready for an exclusive relationship?

If it was with Kakashi then...

You were willing to try.

Finally closing your mouth, you gulped before opening it again.

"I...would like that, Kakashi."

Practically lighting up, Kakashi pulled down his mask and kissed you softly on the lips, something he had never done before.

As you brought your hands up to Kakashi's face, running a thumb over his scar, you continued to kiss him.

And just like that, everything snapped into place.

This was the missing piece.