Kakashi x Obito

Summary: A modern AU in which Kakashi and Obito are late-night studying; though Obito has clearly reached his limit and Kakashi is left to pick up the pieces. That doesn't mean he can't have a little fun while he's at it though.

Warnings: None

__

The moon did little to illuminate the room in comparison to the lamp on Obito's desk. Though it was still fairly dim; only bright enough to read the words off a paper.

Despite the light not being very bright, Kakashi liked the little lamp on Obito's desk. He remembered buying it with Obito from a flea market when they were 15.

It was a black lamp, and on the back, behind the bulb, there was a red circle with 3 little comma-like symbols inside it.

Tomoe, he remembered the seller calling them.

It being, in Obito's words, "The coolest freaking lamp he had ever seen" and only $2, Obito bought it immediately.

Kakashi didn't really see the purpose in it at the time, especially since the bulb was red—not offering much brightness, but Kakashi now looked back on it as a fond memory.

The way Obito's eyes lit up when they came across it, and how long he had spent defending himself and his purchase after Kakashi mentioned it probably wasn't a worthwhile thing to buy.

The lamp and the light it offered didn't seem to make studying any easier though; as Obito's head rested in his hand, staring at his textbook without actually seeing.

His mind was drowsy with thoughts of rest and the comfort of his bed, but he resisted the temptation to crawl into bed and finally close his eyes for the day.

It didn't help that Kakashi was seated right by him, eyes trained on the same textbook.

Seeing Obito's eyes start to drift closed, Kakashi sighed.

He knew Obito wouldn't be good at this kind of thing. They had finals tomorrow though, and Obito needed to get back on track if he wanted to pass.

"Hey, you need to stay awake, idiot. We actually have to know this stuff you know." Kakashi said. His tone was annoyed but in reality he found Obito's sleepy antics endearing.

Obito's eyes opened, but only to appease Kakashi. He was far too exhausted to actually study at the moment, but if it meant Kakashi would stop talking with that annoying voice of his, then he could keep his eyes open for a little longer.

Obito snorted through his nose, trying to get his voice to work and his mouth to move to assure Kakashi that he was still awake and try to convince him that he actually had any intention to keep studying.

But all he could force out was a drowsy, "Yeah, yeah, Bakashi. I'm on it."

His tone was less than convincing, but he didn't care to try harder as his eyes started to drift shut again.

With a sigh, Kakashi knew that Obito was done and trying to study for any longer would simply not work.

Scooting over in his chair, Kakashi brought his hands up to Obito's cheeks and pulled Obito to face him.

Seeing the drowsy and half-lidded look on Obito's face, it was confirmed that Obito was, indeed, done for the night.

"Goodnight then, dummy." Kakashi muttered, knowing Obito was half-asleep and wasn't really hearing him as he brushed a hand through his bangs, and pressed a chaste kiss to his forehead.

Kakashi closed Obito's textbook and helped him into bed, taking his shoes off for him and pulling his blanket over him; not unlike a mother would for her child.