Chapter Eight

Ilya wasn't one for gossip, but hearing the news always made her jump. Nevaeh, someone who became widely known for gossip, informed her of the new information.

Greyson had originally sent her to help with the daycare, but the girl would bounce on her toes, spilling all the drama on the rampage.

Jason had apparently been beaten to a pulp, while Bella had been tied up. Jason's stepsister, Ashley, has apparently been acting stranger than usual, according to Talia.

Staring at the number of pills for her antidepressants made Ilya panic inside. What would happen when she ran out?

Melany and Cindy have been on duty, helping those injured or even in fights that have been happening lately. Some didn't want to share food, even when Mark and Xander tried to break up the fights.

Some girls would fight over dolls in Kid Palace, one toy store that sold many. Aside from Coffee Culture, the majority of toys have been relocated to the daycare. The small bakery is known for its famous donuts and coffee.

Ilya didn't enjoy eating sweets since it made her feel horrible. Covered with sprinkles or filled with strawberry jelly inside, her friend Selma often ate them.

Selma wasn't helping with the daycare, but with the search for children left in their homes. She teamed up with Xander, Mark, Kay, and Nicole in the process. Selma had told her about how emotional seeing the children alone in their houses had been.

Ilya walked with a toddler, who cried as she bounced him on her lap. Becoming a babysitter for children with others helping wasn't her dream job.

Growing up, she hoped to study psychology to understand the true concept of mental health. It wasn't exactly certain what target she wanted to focus on.

The daycare door opened as Ilya looked over from her chair, seeing Greyson and Scarlett. The girl was staring in contempt, glancing around the place, while Greyson wore a smile.

Another girl leaned against the peach wall behind them. Her maroon hair was pulled back into pigtails, and her dark eyes roamed around while she fiddled with the golden necklace she wore.

"Bailey has come to help out," Greyson said.

Ilya picked up the crying toddler from the ground and walked toward them.

"I'll take him," Teagan called, grabbing the heavy toddler from her arms.

Ilya thanked the girl, needing another older girl to help in this place. A lot of the ones who did help out were in seventh grade or lower, except for Layla, who was a year younger than her.

"Some boys will keep delivering stock if needed," Greyson implied with a nod at the girl.

Greyson has been a huge help with the daycare. Nevaeh could have been just stating gossip that could be false in the process. The boy didn't seem like he would cause harm. Rumours were mostly gossip in the first place anyway.

"I'm never having kids," Scarlett irked, lightly grabbing her own wrist.

Ilya stared with her eyebrows knitted. This wasn't some type of sacrifice that they performed at Uden? The beautiful girl pulled back and shook her head at Greyson.

"By the way, thank you for your assistance," Ilya said.

"We have to make sure the children are safe," Greyson chimed, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Greyson's desire to ensure that the fire incident did not reoccur was noble of him. He seemed to really want to help the daycare and everyone else around in order to figure out what is going on around here.