Chapter Thirty-One

Divina had her lips twisted sourly, feeling her insides twist—not by a fearful feeling but by danger. Losing sight of Ragnar didn't exactly help, but it could barely see anything.

Danger is coming once she's gone. Greyson and Jason could not vanish, or this place couldn't stand up to what they'd be facing.

She raised her arm up and faced her palm directly at the bubble. "This will only hurt a little," Divina whispered, a roar coursing through her body.

Something was building up that left her wanting to scream out. Smirking deviously, she could feel Ragnar's panic inside her system—fear, as they call it.

"Don't," she heard a whisper inside her mind.

"I'm giving them some grants," Divina mumbled toward herself.

Screaming out, golden light shot from her palm, hitting the top of the bubble that was caging them. It felt like an earthquake had struck the whole place, with the ground vibrating.

Divina stood still, smiling proudly. "That will give them four months," she sneered, speeding her way down the highway, looking back and forth.

Everything seemed to be normal. Something still felt out of place, which is why she would go into town. Ragnar had a stupid body but could still gain followers. She couldn't have that happen, because more followers meant more problems in defeating Ragnar. It didn't have access to the powers yet, but Divina would have to find someone to break in.

Reaching the inside of town, she spotted people looking disoriented with weapons. Divina gritted her teeth at their idiotic actions. Fighting leads to killing, which Divina can be the only one doing the killing. It didn't exactly help that she didn't know many people.

"You're that girl from the other day," Mark said, as Divina whipped around. Holding a shovel again, she looked between the boy and the weapon.

"Are you killing people?" Divina asked.

He could be responsible for all of this fighting going on. He appeared startled by her words, making Divina cross her arms.

"Nah, I'm just a sideline guy," Mark implied.

"Well, that'll change today," she said, grabbing the shovel and shrinking it to the size of a penny. She stuck it in her ripped jeans pocket, forcefully grabbed his wrist, and began dragging him toward Burger King.

Something then caught her eye, making her stop outside the glass door. Divina began to forcibly drag Mark toward the broken water fountain, where two boys fought each other. One had a small piece of the cement fountain, and the other had a baseball bat.

"Why are they fighting?" Divina demanded as she glared sharply at him.

"Don't got a clue, but Luke brought in some guys from Uden Academy," Mark said.

"Where is Luke?" Divina spat.

"Last I heard, he was at the daycare. Nobody knows where he is now," Mark informed her.

This information wasn't helping her. Grabbing the shovel from her pocket, she released Mark's wrist. She reverted the shovel to its normal size and slammed it down in front of the two boys. It made a loud clunk, causing the boy with the bat to cover his ears.

"Don't interrupt our fight!" Devon called.

"Stop fighting or I'll kill you," she threatened.

"I'm not scared of some girl," Devon sneered, his hand on his hip. "I have power in my arm that could knock you out cold."

Divina glared at Devon, dropping the shovel and placing her palm toward Devon. He floated in the air as she directed the hand toward herself. He had been propelled toward her, causing her to grip his chin with hard force.