Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Dude, her skin looked like burnt strawberry cake," Mark said.

It was not even twenty-four hours, and Divina had already caused a scene. Well, Jason couldn't do exactly anything about it.

"And she just tortured her?" Jason asked.

"Ashley wasn't fighting or anything. Maybe she couldn't or something," Xander rambled.

Divina hasn't directly said she could kill Ashley in her doodle body. Even through she appeared human, she wasn't in a different sense.

"I wouldn't go after it if you're planning to save Ashley. Divina went running into the highway," Mark stated.

Jason wasn't even thinking of that. Saving Ashley wasn't even a possibility anymore. It became important that he help with whatever he could, even if that meant having to fight Greyson.

"We need to host a meeting," Jason meant to say for himself.

"Meeting?" Mark asked skeptically.

"Greyson's planning on having some fight between the two of us. I doubt it will just be the two of us," Jason muttered. "We should gather those running specific areas, like Ilya and Nelson. We should do this sooner rather than later."

"You could hold it at the church. Greyson and them are at Uden, remember?" Bella inquired, lips pressed together.

Jason considered her words. How could he let everyone know at such a time? Cindy popped into his head, who can teleport from place to place. Jason knew they had to inform people, especially with whatever Greyson had been planning.

The only difference is that Mark claimed to have felt something different when he was there. Had they actually been teaming up to help Ashley?

"I'll let Zane know, bro," Mark stated with a nod. Xander rushed off with him, turning toward Bella.

"Let's find Cindy," Jason implied.

The two of them rushed into the church. Melany bandaged a boy, and Cindy looked up and saw them. Emma sat in front of a young boy with a large gash on his neck.

"Cindy and Emma, I need your help," Jason said, breathless. He knew he could trust the two, even if Emma still worked on Greyson's side. "I need you to come to a meeting at the church."

"About?" Emma asked, looking up from her task.

"Meeting about the fight with Greyson," he explained.

"I'll help," Cindy chimed, standing.

Emma still had uncertainty about being in Simcoe. She has been a huge help to those injured in Simcoe. He didn't realize how her healing abilities were able to do so much in such a short time.

"Okay," she whispered.

Jason wondered if she felt guilty about helping them over Greyson. Maybe she felt upset about the kiss she heard about. Hearing the church door open, Divina came stomping her way down the stairs, yanking Ashley by her hair.

Jason now knew what Mark had meant. Ashley's face looked like burnt lasagna; half a chunk of her hair was missing, with blood sliding down her arms.

"I need a bandage because this thing bit me," Divina said, but nobody moved for a moment.

"Is that from you?" Bella asked as Divina nodded her head.

Ashley appeared unconscious, her legs dragging. Jason then noticed how her hand flopped on its side. There was also blood on the side of her temple, along with a black eye.

Melany handed her a bandage, placing it on a small cut. Emma didn't even move to heal the girl. Divina just huffed and flipped Ashley quickly onto her stomach.