Chapter Thirty

Luke grinned deviously, pushing open the door into the daycare. Many screamed as he had a knife in his right pocket and a gun under his armpit. Greyson had left him in charge of doing what he wanted to do.

Luke wanted to do his own thing and not lead chickens into doing work. Since Jason has burned most of his arm, he is getting the payback he deserves.

"What's going on?" Ilya exclaimed as children huddled behind her.

"Having some fun," Luke said, knocking some kids to the ground.

Greyson told him he had to lead. Jason would be distracted at the school while he could attack Simcoe. He said he should target the daycare, so it was no different from playing a game of ping pong.

"Just a fun game," Luke implied.

"Greyson said he'd keep the children safe!" Ilya exclaimed.

"Things change," Luke said, grinning.

"Get the children to the back, Layla!" Ilya cried, turning to look back at them.

With that plea for help, Luke shoved a group of them onto the floor, hard. All of them cried out and screamed, causing Luke to laugh. It felt like fun to shove and push children. Who needs an annoying brat?

"Stop!" Luke gripped Ilya's jaw, his nails digging into the skin. With a gun in his other pocket, he snarled at her.

"I stop when I want," Luke spat.

Ilya had tears gathering in her eyes, but he felt something hit his back. He glared back at Teagan, who was holding wooden blocks in her hands.

"You're that slut's friend," Luke said, dropping Ilya and facing Teagan. Smirking, he grabbed the knife from his pocket. Even without having one arm, Luke still knew how he could stop this pathetic girl.

"Stop bullying the children!" Ilya pleaded.

Luke laughed at her words. Did she assume magic words would stop his work? He had already killed some by hitting them.

"Not everyone is nice, if that's a term you Simcoe people use," Luke stated.

Teagan appeared furious, throwing another block at him as Luke just held up the large knife.

"Keep throwing those wooden blocks, and I'll kill you," Luke taunted.

Teagan swallowed hard, gripping another rectangular block. Luke walked toward the girl near the door before she threw it. Well, Greyson didn't say who he could and couldn't kill. Greyson wanted it more as an injury distraction, but murder would be fine. It was just some random girl, and he didn't like girls in any sense.

Gripping the end of the knife handle, he threw it like a dart, landing directly in Teagan's chest. Practice makes perfect, they say.

Teagan stared down at her shirt, which was beginning to grow with blood around the chest. The block fell from her hand onto the floor.

Luke smiled deviously as she fell into an awkward position on the ground. Her body flopped to one end on the side, eyes meeting his own. Bending down in front of her, he yanked the knife out of her chest, with blood dripping on it and falling on her cheek.

"Well, you're going to need a new staff member," Luke said, tucking the knife into his back pocket.

The daycare was filled with cries and faces of horror. Grabbing Teagan by the neck, he pushed the door open with his back.

"I'm not leaving," Luke said, throwing her body on the narrow road and landing with a crack. Someone could have their own gift when they walk by.

Luke turned with a sadistic grin back into the daycare. He watched Ilya with tears streaming down her cheeks. Angel came near Ilya, horror on his face. Most of his tasks had been completed, except for these crying kids.