Chapter Twenty-Three

Scarlett walked across downtown, where people were scattered, doing their normal work. Ilya was taking care of the daycare or even security guarding around. She still had James by her side, travelling toward the mayor's office. Learning all this information seemed interesting, but uncertain. James could tell her all the information he had learned, but he still followed her orders.

Opening the door, Greyson seemed intrigued to see them. Two boys from Uden, named Red and Zack, stood in the office. There have been more people in the office asking questions about what's going to happen or why they are doing security.

"Out," Greyson ordered as they rushed past them. Scarlett smirked while James took a seat on the couch, his hands shaking. "Well?"

"Well, James has gathered information," Scarlett stated.

"They call it goddess, or Divina. Jason and a few others saw her in a form," James explained. "They saw grass in some monster's body. Ashley is considered a god. And David... he is connected."

Scarlett felt a chill run down her back, since she may have died. It was something that was a small reminder, but there was no sense in worrying.

"Which means?" Greyson asked.

"Like partly alive. Apparently, he and Vickie went charging after the goddess," James explained. "Ashley controls them to do whatever I think, and..." James wasn't making eye contact with Greyson.

"No need to worry about some grass," Scarlett remarked.

"Keep researching," Greyson spat.

James nodded, opening the door to Luke with Maverick by his side before leaving. Two of Uden's most crippled even with Emma helping to heal them.

"Everything is in the works," Luke said, grinning deviously at Greyson.

"Good work, Luke. Make sure they know what they're doing," Greyson said as both left the room. "Where was he?"

"With your brother and Esme. He doesn't know how to stop the vanishing," Scarlett stated, sitting herself on the couch.

"With Luke's sneak attack, we will be able to cause distractions," Greyson said, grinning.

"The only distraction would be his arm," Scarlett mocked. She had sawed it off herself. Emma had done her healing needed, but it wouldn't grow back.

Cindy appeared in the room, toppling over onto the ground. The girl would teleport around the places she knew, but she would lose balance everywhere.

"Devon tried robbing Burger King with Henry and Stick," Cindy said. "Henry and Stick left with some vegetables, while Devon got kicked out."

She knew that the plan would fail since Greyson had ordered it. Stick can barely look up, and Devon's a bratty kid nobody likes. Scarlett noticed the nervous expression Cindy gave her.

"I talked to James about the goddess business. I assume you heard," Cindy said, he smiled at her now. Scarlett knew Greyson wanted to keep Cindy close with the fight coming up.

"Anything else?" Greyson asked.

"Ashley created a house fire inside Bella's, along with setting two others on fire. Zane and Yara put it out with the help of Esme," Cindy stated.

"Did she get tired of making holes?" Scarlett mocked.

"Get those that aren't doing anything to help out with the fires," Greyson remarked, she nodded before bopping away.

Scarlett put her legs up on the couch and grabbed a magazine that had been resting on it. "Holes, and now fires? You definitely ranked her wrong." Scarlett sighed at his comment.