Chapter Ten

Greyson glanced over at the list of students he knew had supernatural abilities. It ranged from the level of low to extremely low, where they are mainly unaware of their own power. All he needed to know was if anyone ranked higher than himself. If someone did, they could pose a threat to him.

"Esme, who you know has amazing speed; Collin, who can make you see guilt; and Cindy, who can now teleport. Those are some medium ranks." James implied, scrolling through more of the document.

Esme and Collin were both from Uden Academy and already knew a decent amount about how their own abilities worked. Nevaeh, who isn't from Uden, can hear secrets willingly. Having her would allow Greyson to know who is actually telling the truth around here.

He would disappear in nine days if they didn't figure out a way to stop the vanishing. He glanced toward Scarlett, who twisted one of her dark locks; her lips puckered together. Letting out a frustrated groan, he slammed his head on the desk.

"Why don't we just video record when someone's birthday comes up?" Scarlett suggested as she glanced at the two with eyebrows raised.

James looked up from his laptop, while Greyson seemed intrigued by her recommendation. Scarlett knew automatically; he was rattled from not being able to find that girl with the purple liquid.

"Who has an upcoming birthday?" Greyson questioned.

James scrolled through the whole list of Uden Academy enlistments. They were sorted by upcoming birthdays to people who were nowhere near turning fifteen.

"Tomorrow's Collin's birthday," James stated.

"Time?" Greyson asked, standing.

"1:34 pm," James said, scrolling through the list.

"We'll do it in the gym. James locate cameras, and Scarlett seduce Collin," Greyson said.

"Seductive actions don't work on someone who's gay," Scarlett implied.

Who else could get the boy to come here? An ambush situation with some of Luke's people?

"Actually, I may have a way," Scarlett started, smirking, leaning her body toward him, and looking directly into his eyes. "Have you heard of David Hollis? They were spotted kissing in the dorms. I'll just say David has a confession."

"After Collin, it's you and Jason," James informed.

Greyson narrowed his eyes, bouncing his knee. In the mix of the situation, he has Scarlett already finding out the gossip about the two guys. Luke still watched on highway security with Henry's group, hoping they wouldn't do anything foolish. Better yet, find that thing named Ashley.

"We're going to Uden," Greyson spat. "Let's see what Oscar and Preston meant."

James held his Dell computer at his side; various accounts were loaded on it. Only a few knew that James had documents that would be considered illegal on his computer. Nobody would bust him for stealing them since they have private information.

Loading into a car, Greyson sped back to Uden. The academy was still guarded as he walked toward the narrow metal staircase at the east end. When they got to the top floor, he stopped in the doorway. It appeared as if someone had melted bubblegum and turned it into nothing but a crisp. Slowly walking over, Greyson leaned over, seeing it run to the bottom.

James sat against the wall, documenting what had been known. They knew whatever substance had entered her system had been in a ditch. Even after she was healed, Luke tortured her while a purple substance poured from her body.

Now, apparently, this girl can burn through the flooring with ease. Did this girl have a high rank? Scarlett had said she ranked low, but that came before the ditch incident.