Chapter 18: Spring Breakers

(Not edited)
"Do you have everything packed?" Loren ask as she walks in my room.

"Yes. Everything is packed."

"Alright I'm going to take it to the door so the guys can load it in the car. You make sure you didn't leave anything."

"Yes ma'am." I tell her as she grabs my duffel bag and suitcase.

I look at my phone which is ringing for the fifth time in an hour. My parents have been calling like crazy. So have my siblings. They just don't understand that I don't want to talk to them. The only person who understands is Seth. He took the hint and stopped calling me.

So I text him

Tell mom, dad, and Austin. I'm busy and don't want to talk to them. I'm going off the grid for a couple of days for spring break. Me and the roomies have plans. So I will be powering my phone off.

I'm only powering my phone off because I'm sick of my family. I know that's an awful thing to say but it's true. As soon as I hit the send button I turn my phone off and throw it on my bed. I won't be bringing it at all.

Knowing my parents and if I brought it and turned it back on to check social media they would immediately track my location and show up. So I'm going completely of the grid.

I scan my room and make sure I got everything before walking out and heading out.

When I walk out their is a Tahoe. "What's with the mom car?" I ask Hayden and the guys

"It's my mom's car. She's letting us borrow it." Hayden tells me. And for the first time their was no rude comment with it. I could get use to that.

But not really. It's not really a Taylor and Hayden relationship if we don't talk trash to each other's face.

"I just don't get how we are going to a beach ten hours away rather than the one three hours away." I tell them as I hop in the backseat.

"Myrtle Beach is three hours away and is trash. Panama City Beach is better." Nicole tells me as her and Gabe climb into the third row.

"No. The U.S. Virgin Islands are better." I tell them.

"No Hawaii." Chase argues

"Not everyone was born from rich families like you two." Gabe points out.

"We're not rich. We're just financially stable." Me and Chase yell at him. We both look at each. I was not expecting him to say that.

"Well I've never been to Florida, so I'm excited." I tell them.

"Never?" Loren ask turning around in the passenger seat. As the car starts to move.

"Nope. What can I say, we're financially stable. If we went to Disney as a child it was in California. The only beach we go to is Cabo San Lucas or U.S. Virgin Islands." I tell them.

"How have you not been to Florida?"

"I don't know. It was never a major destination spot."

"My family goes to Orange Beach every summer. So I get two beach vacations. One I have to pay for and the other the family does." Gabe tells us.

"Yeah. My family goes there too. It's a vacation both our families go on together." Nicole chimes in.

"So do you think anybody from UNC will be in Florida?" Loren ask "because there's some people we all don't want to run into."

I was pretty skeptical about going to Florida. It's just where everyone from Kentucky goes and I'm not trying to run into anyone. They hate me. I hate them.