Chapter 28: Date Time

"Jackson! My office please after you shower

"Jackson! My office please after you shower." Coach says before disappearing into his office, signaling that practice is over.

"What's that about?" Gabe asks as we head into the locker room.

"I have no idea." I lie. I have an idea, but if they knew me and Taylor came here last night they would flip.

As everyone starts heading out of the locker room. I stay behind. Waiting for Coach. He wasn't in his office.

Ethan appears out of literally nowhere. I swear he's teleporting. "Everything is set for tonight."

"Thanks for the help."

"I'm so glad I'm not going to be the only one in a relationship. It gets annoying. All the teasing."

"Ethan, we're not in a relationship. It's just a date." I tell him.

"Yeah right. I said the same thing. Now look at me. I mean I've been ring shopping online. She's my forever." He smiles just thinking about her.

"Go see your girl man. I've got to talk to Coach."

"Alright. Enjoy tonight because I know me and Gracie will." He says before heading out.

He's so in love.

All he thinks about is Gracie. All he talks about is Gracie.

Ethan tells us all the time that he wouldn't care if he got drafted because he knows Gracie is his forever. So, if he doesn't get drafted next year he's perfectly fine playing the waiting game. Ethan's life doesn't revolve around basketball. He just plays because he's good. Ethan wants to coach. He's going to be that dad who coaches his child's basketball team.

Once I'm done hitting the showers I head to Coach Carson's office.

"Come in!" He yells from behind the closed door. I swear he has a tracker on all of us. He always seems to know where we are.

I walk in and Coach Carson has my party shirt and basketball sitting on his desk.

"Missing anything Jackson?"

"Yeah, I was wondering where my basketball and shirt went."

"What was it doing here?" He questions

"After the party last night I decided I wanted to practice."

"Mhm. Okay. And how did you get it?"

"The door was just unlocked."

"Really? Because I remember locking it."

"Well I guess someone unlocked." I state.

"Like my wife?" He questions.

I just look at him confused.

"Did you really think Susan could lie to me. Please we tell each other everything. She told me she unlocked the door last night for Taylor. But then I see your shirt and basketball. So you both broke in?"