Chapter 7

*Navya Pov*

"Why is she meeting me and that too today?" I asked for the millionth time.

"What do you mean 'Why'? She is going to be your mother-in-law by tomorrow, and she should have already met you. So now she wants to meet you what's wrong is there in that?" Divya asked, looking at me like I am crazy.

"What if she doesn't like me?" I asked her nervously.

"There is a person who doesn't like you? Well, that's news to me." She replied sarcastically.

"Our boss doesn't like me." I pointed out.

"I am asking about the person and not about some alien." She said rolling her eyes.

I laughed at her because she so hates our boss. We just dislike her, but she is in the verge of killing our boss. And the reason is the boss's nephew. Because of the boss, he left her last month, and she just got heartbroken.

"You will find some awesome man so just don't worry. He is not worth it if he left you just for his aunt." I said smiling at her.

"He immediately returned the next day." She mumbled.

"What? Then why did you not tell me?" I asked her not hurt at all because I am used to everyone hiding something from me.

"I thought you would pressure me to accept him back, but I don't want to. Though he returned after one day doesn't mean that he will not leave again." She replied guiltily.

"I will never pressure in guy problems, and you too shouldn't. But where is he now?" I asked her confused.

"She kicked him out and he went back to his parent's house as he even has a job there. But he is calling me everyday asking me to forgive him." She replied mumbling.

The way she is talking about him tells me that she is going to be with him and that too soon. Well, he should have learned the lesson and shouldn't hurt her again.

"Ok! Let's just put my sad story aside, and I have some good news." She said excitingly.

"What is it?" I asked her excited too. Well, who is not excited for good news?

"My cousin is coming tomorrow, so she may attend your wedding or at least the reception." She replied.

"Wow! So I finally get to see her. But I hope her friends too will come to my wedding. They too talk to me so nicely." I said smiling.

"I don't know about them, but I hope so too. My cousin kind of adores you even though you guys never met each other. The same way your groom's Mom too will adore you once she meets you." Saying this she dragged me towards the living room, and at the same time we heard the door bell ringing.

I opened the door to find a lady of my Mom's age, and another thing is she is not smiling at me. I gulped and opened the door and said, "Come in Aunty."

"Is it ok if we sit in the garden?" She asked not entering inside.

I panicked, but nodded and we both went near the small bench we placed in our garden. We both sat calmly and didn't utter even a single word.

"So you want to get married that too at this age itself?" She asked with a blank expression.

"I... I didn't think I will until a few days back. But my family thinks this is the best proposal for me, and Suhas is also a good guy. So I think this is a good idea." I replied stuttering a little.

Great! I just hope she will not think of me as some crazy girl.

She looked at me confused, but didn't say anything and asked, "What do you know about my son?"