Chapter 9

*Suhas Pov*

After we arrived at the house we all went inside calmly without any rituals. I thought Mom was going to stop us and do any ritual, but she didn't.

I didn't give it any thought and closed the main door. When I turned around I saw Mom taking Navya towards our room. It is still the evening, so I went inside the office room and started giving orders to my P.A in Mumbai.

"Sir! When will you be coming here?" He asked when I finished ordering the work that needed to be done.

"Soon!" I replied, hanging up.

"So you are going back to Mumbai?" I heard Mom voice.

I looked up to see Mom standing there folding her hands. She slowly walked inside and sat in front of me.

"Yes, Mom! And you are going to come with us." I said nodding at her.

"What about the company you started here in Bhopal one month back?" She asked confused.

"I will wind it up. It was not even meant to be in this city, but I needed it for this little time." I replied not giving any more details.

"What if I don't want to come?" She asked getting up.

"But I want you to be there with me... I mean with us. Please Mom for my sake come with... us." I replied pleadingly.

She just nodded and exited the room. I shook my head and continued to carry out my work for some more time.

I looked at the time and saw that it is past dinner time so left the room to go to the dining room. However, when I went there I saw that Mom is already eating her food, and Navya is serving her.

"Why are you not eating, Navya?" I asked her sitting at the main chair.

"I asked her to have her food, but she said she will wait for you." Mom replied instead of her.

"You should have called me." I said when she started serving me.

"I even asked her to do it, but she said she doesn't want to disturb you. What kind of wife is she?" Mom said making Navya and I look at her in shock.

*Navya Pov*

"This is the room where Suhas is staying after he returned from Mumbai." Aunty said opening the door to a room.

I nodded and entered to see some very plain room, but it is little bigger than my room. I looked around and saw a normal size bed and two chairs.

"Madam, luggage!" We heard so we turned to see the watchmen standing near the door holding my bags.

Aunty told him to place them in the corner which he did. After he left I turned toward Aunty and asked, "Shall I cook the dinner?"

She looked at me for a few seconds and said, "No need for that. Just get settled in your room, and I will cook something."

"But..." I started to say and stopped myself because she may feel bad that I am not accepting what she is saying.

"Like I said just, get settled and even take some rest." She said calmly, and I nodded at her.

After she left I changed into comfortable attire, which is a plain Sari of course. I want to wear a night dress, but I don't know how she will respond to that. Sometime later I opened my bag and placed my clothes in the empty cupboard.

I lay on the bed and looked at the clock sighing. I don't know what my family is doing right now. Is mom going to cook dinner or will be lost with the sadness that I am not there?