Chapter 14

"So Amelia," Sturmhond the captain of this ship began asking me random questions about my life

"So Amelia," Sturmhond the captain of this ship began asking me random questions about my life. At first, it started with simple questions like, 'what's your favorite animal?' and 'what's your favorite color?' But soon changed and got more personal.

"So you're Grisha?" he asked I nodded. "I'm a heartrender a very powerful one at that. And-" I stopped myself, I was going to say that I could heal and tailor, but I can't anymore I needed to learn how to do that again.

"And?"

"Nothing." He looked at me skeptically but let it go.

"Where are you from?" he asked.

I felt very uncomfortable answering the question given I was bought at a young age.

"I've lived in the grand palace basically my whole life, just recently I became the Darkling's soldier," I paused, "no, his right hand."

"His right hand?" Sturmhond asked.

"Yes."

"For how long have you been his right hand? Before well... before you did whatever your his prisoner for."

"A few months. I always was by him and he gave me jobs."

"Did anything happen between you and him? In the matter of those months?" I scoff surprised at how outgoing Sturmhond was to even ask such a question.

Choking over my words I answer, "I-I why would you think that?!"

"Did there though? I'm just curious."

I smack his arm, "curiosity killed the cat you arse. Sturmhond I think your questions are getting a little too personal. It's none of your business." He put both of his hands up defensively, "saints, relax darling!"

"What about I ask you some questions instead?"

"What do you want to ask me?"

"Who are those people over there?" I point to the two twins on the other side of the deck. One was a girl and the other a very tallboy. They were in a deep conversation.

"That's your question?" he laughs, "they are Tolya and Tamar a part of my crew. They're heartrenders like you. Why do you ask?

"Because they look very secretive, whispering and pointing."

He laughed again, "they're siblings what can you say."

"It's just weir- that's Mal!" I exclaim seeing him surrounded by Corporalki guards. "Mal!" I yell. Mal looked over and yelled my name.

"Let me go see him please," I begged Sturmhond, Mal and I had to figure a way to find Alina and get out of here.

"Alright but look out for the Darkling he might do something if he sees you," he walked me over to Mal. The Corporalki gave us a look, "Mal, do you know where Alina is?"