Chapter 19

I was peacefully sleeping when I heard shouts and feet trampling all over the deck

I was peacefully sleeping when I heard shouts and feet trampling all over the deck. I was in my pajamas at the moment but I got up and grabbed a robe to go see what all the commotion was about. I put some shoes on a ran out the door.

What I saw surprised me.

The Darkling was trying to get the sea whip. The sea whip was right there! Right in the water in front of me. No effin way.

There was yelling and directing. And then something odd happened. A group of men on the whalers deck started to howl and bark.

Alina and Mal, I just noticed, we're standing by each other very confused. The Darkling made an irritated face and demanded to know what was going on.

"To me, hounds!" Sturmhond shouted. What was going on? The men shouted and howled and barked attacking the Darkling's Grisha.

The Grisha were outnumbered.

Has that Sturmhond finally figured out what was right? Has he finally turned against the Darkling?
Will he no longer help him?

I saw Tamar give Mal a knife and Tolya holding on to Alina.

"Hey!" Sturmhond shouted at me, "take this and go! Run!" He handed me a knife and left attacking the Grisha.

"What is a knife gonna do? I'm a heartrender, idiot!" I shouted at him, though I don't think he heard me.
I stood there shocked and soon attacked the Grisha that were after me.

One at a time I crushed their hearts.

"No!" I heard Alina's voice. I searched in the mass of people. Ivan stood there crushing Tolyas heart. An Inferni next to Ivan attacking Tamar.

I was on my way to help when Tamar stabbed the Inferni with her sword.

Well... I guess I'll help Tolya instead. But Tamar had that under control too. What couldn't this woman do?

Ivan fell to the hard deck. She was Grisha? He began to breathe heavily and I ran. As fast as I could. I may not be in a very good spot with Ivan, but I didn't want him dead.

"No!" I yelled but I was too late, Ivan's body seized and soon he was knocked out cold. No, not knocked out he was dead. I ran and fell to my knees grabbing a hold of his hands.

"Come on Ivan! Freaking breathe! Remember Fedyor?" I cried a little, "Fedyor will be wanting you alive! Saints, I want you alive!"

"No, no, no. Ivan!" I yelled again.

I looked down seeing a pair of feet. Genya. Her hand covered her mouth and a tear fell down her eye.

"Genya, Amelia," Alina said from behind us she was also tearing up.

I got up and hugged my sister as hard as I could.

"Stop them!" The Darkling yelled. Genya froze.