Chapter 21

Some days passed as Alina and Mal suspected things about the amplifiers

Some days passed as Alina and Mal suspected things about the amplifiers. Alina wanted to put the second amplifier on so the Darkling wouldn't have control over her. Because apparently, he was trying to kill the third amplifier to put on her -yes third amplifier- you heard me right.

We needed the three amplifiers because if we didn't get them, we would never stop running. So one night Alina, Mal, and I decided to go to Sturmhond so he could get a fabrikator to put the scales of the sea whip in her skin.

We stood there waiting for something to happen after putting the scales on.

One second. Nothing.

10 seconds. still nothing.

"Huh." Sturmhond hummed, "I thought the end of the world would be more exciting."

"Stand back," Mal warned. I stayed there trying to see if Alina needed help. Sturmhond took my hand pulling me away from Alina.

"Hey! I'm trying to help."

"You're not going to help if you're blown up."

Mal moved towards us and Alina blew up with light. It came from everywhere -literally everywhere- Is she alright?

When I thought it would go down it didn't it got brighter and brighter.

She can't control it.

"Alina!" Mal and I screamed.

Mal and I ran into the light but before I could follow him Sturmhond grabbed me by the collar.

"Let the tracker get her."

I groaned and stood there folding my arms angrily, "she can't control please let me help," I begged.

"Mmm... no," he smiled looking at me for the tiniest bit.

"This is freaking blinding me!" Sturmhond whined.

soon the light went down Alina fell against Mal.

"Well Summoner, you definitely can put on quite the show," Sturmhond said blinking rapidly. -probably trying to get his eyesight working again-

Mal began to kiss Alina and it made me very uncomfortable so I turned around looking at the sea. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright? Can you see? Because my eyesight is so effed up right now." Sturmhond kept blinking.

I laughed looking at the mess in front of me. His shirt collar was loose around his neck and his sleeves rolled up. His red hair is knotted in the back. He rubbed his eyes sighing, "I keep seeing spots! Dang you Alina!"

"You'll be fine, Privateer. Go lay down for a bit or something."

"Not happening sweetheart! Gotta get somewhere, and I have a lot of planning to do."