Chapter 29

Alina and Nikolai were sitting in the coach as I took guard around it

Alina and Nikolai were sitting in the coach as I took guard around it. I'm going to take a guess and say Alina is panicking and trying to prepare what to say and do when we get back to the little palace.

We were stopped in a town called Tashta. As per usual Alina and Nikolai waved and made a scene. But then Nikolai did something different. Completely different. He wrapped his hands around her waist. His fingers gently rubbed her side. Alina's face was contorted but she kept a smile.

He whispered something to her and slammed her lips to his. I gasped loudly but no one heard it over the crowd of cheers. I bit my bottom lip in stress as they stood there and practically made out in front of everyone.

"Shi-"

"Don't make a scene," Mal uttered interrupting me.

"I wasn't even going to make a scene! I bit my lip you arsehole." I bit my lip so hard that it began to bleed. Nikolai and Alina departed and sat back in the coach.

"Oh... jeez Amelia! What were you doing biting your lip like that!" He looked at me and saw a bit of blood on my lips. He grabbed a cloth and attempted to clean my lips for me. He was doing it angrily with his eyebrows furrowed and mouth open.

"Sankta Alina! Nikolai!" The crowd was screaming.

"Are you alright Mal?" I asked.

"I'm fine." He let go of the cloth and handed it to me, "keep it just in case it starts bleeding again."

"You aren't fine your girl just kissed the prince."

"And your 'old friend' just kissed your 'new friend.'"

I hit him on the head with the bloody cloth. "Oi!" he yelled.

"Stop doing those air quotations things. He is an old friend and that's it. You should be angry."

"Oh, I am. I want to strangle the 'pretty boy.'"

"Me too," I said under my breath.

"What was that?" Mal smirked. I grabbed Mal's arm and told him to get on his horse. We both got on ours and quickly made our way out of town.

I was holding my breath to keep from screaming. I hate this. I hate that I felt like throwing up after seeing that. I hate that it's making me feel all..

..jealous.

No. Not jealous, I'm not jealous. I'm just irritated that they did that because they've made a scene and it's making ut harder to back the people away. Mhm... that's what I'm feeling. Irritated.

But why are my insides in scrambles? Shut up brain!

I looked towards the coach and I saw Nikolai looking out the window. At me. I clenched my jaw hard and stared at him like he was at me. You want a staring contest? you got it.