Chapter 22

I was still a little tipsy but I tried to sober up

I was still a little tipsy but I tried to sober up. I grabbed my coat and boots. It was early morning the sun hasn't even cone out yet. I didn't notice I was drinking that late with Tamar. Nice to know no one sleeps around here. I quickly tried to tailor my eye bags and hair, but that didn't work.

At least I got one power back.

I ran to Alina's running into Tamar who was going into the same room.

"I will get her, you go up and help. And maybe... get some fresh air you're still wobbling like a drunk man."

"I'm fine. Just make sure you get her."

Tamar gave me a thumbs up and left.

On deck stood Mal with some of Sturmhonds crew.
I couldn't find Sturmhond until he looked back at me. He was swaddled in fur coats and hats. Shivering. What a drama queen.

I guess I couldn't judge him it was freezing! And all I had was a light coat. I walked towards them the cold wind blew on my face making my whole face pink.

"H-hey!" I yelled my teeth chittering, "what's going on?"

"We're going ashore," Sturmhond answered.

"In the middle of the night?" Alina asked suddenly appearing beside Mal.

"The Volkvolny will raise my colors near the Fjerdan coast," said Sturmhond. "The Darkling doesn't need to know you're on Ravkan soil yet."

Sturmhond continued another conversation with a man privyet. Mal and Alina were huddled together while I stood there freezing to death. Where's Fedyor when you need him?

I stood at the rail looking at the sea. What does Sturmhonds client want with Alina? I turned around making eye contact with Sturmhond. He waved his hand motioning me to come to him.

"Take this," he said putting the fur coat around me, "I have to break off those love birds anyway:" He looked at Alina and Mal. Mal was bending down to kiss her.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, Yeah." He said to me then turned to the couple. "Hey! Can we get to the cuddling later? I want us to shore before sun up!"

Alina walked over to me. I haven't talked with her in a while.

"Hey. How've you been?" She asked rubbing my arm.

"Been better. I miss my sister."

"I can imagine, I miss her too. Why didn't she just come with us?" She groaned.

"Good question." I looked down a tear rolling down my face I quickly wiped it off.

"Alina, Amelia, let's go," Mal ordered seeing a craft alongside the Volkvolny. We stepped carefully onto the crafts hulls. Tolya and Tamar followed as did Sturmhond who made his way to the wheel.