Chapter 16

I woke up to the Darkling

I woke up to the Darkling. Sturmhond was not in his hammock anymore.

"Get up, Alina is finally awake you need to get off your lazy arse, lets go." He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of bed.

"I can get up by myself I don't need your help," I yank my arm out of his grip. He glared at me, "Let's go!"

We walked up to the deck where I saw Grisha huddled together but no Alina. "You said Alina would be here."

"No, I didn't I said she was awake now shut up." He's in a great mood today! -hint my sarcasm-

I stood by the Darkling until he walked further away his back facing me. Suddenly, I heard footsteps when I turned around there was Genya, Ivan, and Alina. Alina! I was so relieved to see she was safe.

Genya and Ivan bowed and left the area. The Darkling turned to me, "I just wanted to show you she's not dead, now leave. Follow Ivan." I rolled my eyes obeying and following after the most annoying heartrender I've ever met.

I followed Ivan to a random spot on the ship wondering what the heck was going on.

"What is the Darkling doing? I'm not leaving her alone with him," I get up and walk away but Ivan grabbed my wrist pulling me back around.

"Ivan, don't mess with me right now."

"You aren't going anywhere you are staying right where you are, I'm sorry to say this but the Darkling ordered me to keep you in check, Your free time is unfortunately over," he sneered pulling me down to sit but I kick him in the groin. He groaned and then looked even angrier than he was before

"I said not to mess with me!"

"Amelia, I've tried to stay calm but you aren't helping," he clapped his hands together so did I. I began to crush whatever size heart he had-- probably a small one -- and he fell to the floor. I could have killed him if I wanted to. I didn't I already had one mans blood on my hands.

I could never forgive myself for what I did to that poor boy Dimitri. I let go of Ivan and ran off to see if Alina was ok.

The Darkling had his hand cupped on her cheek and whispered something only she could hear. I was beyond worried and intervened.

"Alina! Are you ok?" She whipped around and smiled sadly at me, nodding. Thank the saints.

The Darkling acknowledged me and left. Behind me was Ivan and another Grisha grabbing me and Alina. One of them put a rope around my hands making sure I couldn't hurt them. All Grisha were afraid of me and what I could do to them. They always had to find a way to stop my powers, and that was a rope. 

They yanked Alina and me to the main deck. Ivan was being rough as he held Alina. She stumbled but Ivan ordered her to keep moving. But she didn't.

"I said move!" Ivan barked. Alina looked down at her injured knee I tried to help her but the Grisha holding me pulled me back to him snarling in my ear, "you better not try anything, I will hurt you no mercy at all."