everglow: three

Happier Days - Flashback

The first time Nia saw Harry ill, it was some weeks just before his first world tour as a successful artist.

Every single thing was ready and the team was set to go before Harry had a random scratchy throat that manifested into a viral infection.

With his blocked nostrils, fever, awful migraines and general fatigue, he was confined to the comfort of his home and girlfriend. The problem is Harry is a stubborn man and he never wants to be seen as weak.

Not even when his body is burning up and he's supposed to be on severe vocal rest before his first tour. Everyone found him needy and clingy, and extra arrogant but not everyone was in a romantic relationship with him.

Nia found it super endearing that beneath all the charm, charisma, cockiness and all, there was a soft and gentle human who just needed a little extra tenderness. Harry hardly refers to his past but it's obvious that he was once a little boy who just needed a hug and never got it.

Now, he's a grown man who still needs a hug but would chew on several hot coals before asking for one. Nia sees through the defenses and she knows it takes gentleness to create more gentleness.

Right now, the living space smells of mint, peppermint oil, spicy soup and her combination of essential oils that help massage his feverish limbs. Harry is curled up on the sofa, scrolling through his phone with a pissed off look on his face.

The soup is barely touched and he keeps trying to take off his socks with the other foot.

Nia enters and stands over him, observing how his curls are stamped to his forehead. He brings the crew neck of his sweatshirt above his mouth and hums to himself.

"You didn't touch your soup," she starts.

Harry looks up and a smile breaks out on that exhausted face.

"Hi," he croaks.

"H, no speaking," she panics, lightly.

"I don't care..." his voice is tired and he's straining to speak.

"You care about your tour, don't you?" Nia raises an eyebrow.

"A little," he whispers with a smile.

Nia smiles and places a palm on his forehead. He's still warm and flushed. The presence of his stubble makes him look extra cuddly and she just wants to keep him before he's released to his fans worldwide.

Harry moves her palm from his forehead and pulls her to collapse on him. She laughs as she lands against his chest and they exchange a tender kiss. Even when she knows she's not supposed to be kissing him so much, Nia doesn't care.

"I need you to rest your vocal chords, okay?" she whispers, staring into his eyes.

"But I like talking to you, a lot." Harry manages to pout.

"Baby, are you pouting?" She is deeply amused.

"I guess so," he rolls his eyes. "Don't mock a sick man."

"This sick man is stubborn and refuses to be silent," Nia raises an eyebrow as he coughs a little.

Harry wraps his arms around her and adjusts on the sofa. Nia decides to sit up, setting herself comfortable on him and spreading her thighs apart.

On her is nothing but his deep blue t-shirt and her candy pink thong. Harry keeps his hands on her waist and she brings hers to push his hair away from his delicate face.

Something about being ill makes his eyes look a little more heightened than usual. Something about staring at him a little too long can be intimidating.