everglow: eight

Flashback Time, Leona Lewis - I got you

Harry stands before the wide window and calmly leans against it. The call has been going on for quite a while now and the cup of tea is starting to get cold.

He nods along like they can see him and quickly hums in response.

This is the third time in the new week that the production company is consulting with him about casting for the film he's about to work on. It's a big production and a huge role.

It is coming with a lot of commitment and devotion from his part, especially with certain scenes. Nia has already given her permission, even though she didn't think he needed it.

Harry is just a little nervous about being so explicitly intimate with another woman that's not his girlfriend. Celine has an electric presence and they share fantastic chemistry, whatever.

It means nothing to him.

There's an uncomfortable vibe that the production company and network want to milk these roles. A few demands and requests have been tossed around that require more than what he signed up for.

It's a little uncomfortable.

Not to be judgmental but Celine is French and older, she really doesn't care. The woman is a celebrated icon and he's just testing the waters of Hollywood.

He cannot afford to be a bloody diva and have them blacklist him for turning down certain requests.

Harry checks the time and clears his throat on the call.

"That sounds riveting, I'll get my assistant to call you later this week, is that okay?" he speaks up.

"You're scheduled to make an appearance at a yacht party with Celine a week before filming starts," the woman points out across the line.

"I don't remember that being in the script," he furrows his eyebrow.

"We'll have our lawyers contact you with more details, have a good day," the call ends.

Harry groans in anger and is about to throw his phone across the room when he catches himself. Nia won't like that. She doesn't even need any of his dramatics right now.

He controls himself and steadies his breathing. It works for a few seconds and he calmly leaves the living space for their shared bedroom.

In their shared bedroom, Nia is cuddled up in the bed and is struggling to read a Gillian Flynn novel. One of her favourites.

However, it's hard for her to concentrate because she's going through a depressive episode and nothing seems to be helping right now.

Walking on her looking moody makes his heart flutter and he calmly joins her in bed, bringing himself to pepper her forehead with soft kisses. Nia cringes into him and he gladly decides to be the big spoon today.

He inhales the tender and familiar scent that lingers on her, and she gently shuts her eyes for a moment.

This is her safe space and she hopes it will be for  a long time.

"I was starting to miss you," she whispers.

"Work call, they got annoying," he replies.

"Can they let me enjoy you before snatching you from me?" she groans.

"Hey, you have me all to yourself for the next two weeks," Harry chuckles.

"Will you video call me from set?" Nia tears away from him with a sigh.