everglow: nine

Harry's Flat

Harry softly groans as the nurse gently moves his left leg. He's at the end of a physical therapy session and she's gently massaging his knee with an essential oil.

It smells sweet and has a relaxing effect on him. Zayn calmly stands and watches as she gestures at him to flex his toes. He obeys and groans again in pain.

"There, there. You're doing alright," she commends him.

This makes Harry smile in response and she wears the brace around his knee. He looks around the flat and squints in mild confusion.

Zayn catches as he's clearly searching for something or someone. He has been filled in on the last conversation and he doesn't know if it's any of his business at this rate.

Once the nurse is done, she calmly stands up and gestures at Harry to stand up. He slowly reaches for his walking stick and she helps him up on his feet.

The mild pain makes him groan again and he leans into her like an overgrown child.

"P-Pain," he scowls and pouts.

"Aw, look at yer pouting like a bab," she chuckles.

"No," he replies.

"Of course, you're not a bab. You're a rockstar and we can't wait to have you back on stage," she reminds him.

"We really can't," Zayn smiles along with her.

Harry flushes as they manage to give him a little confidence boost and he drags his eyebrows again.

His eyes are curious and searching. It's been basically most of the day and there has been no sign of Nia.

Yes, they have been texting and all. It just feels nicer to have her around him. There's something about her that makes him feel safer and grounded.

"Where...Nia?" he blurts out.

"She's currently working at home, missing her?" Zayn smirks.

"Why...why ask that?" Harry nearly panics.

Zayn chuckles, knowing that he rightfully touched a nerve.

"It's just a question, chill," he replies.

"Okay...okay, bad an-answer," Harry clears his throat.

"So, you're not missing her?" Zayn folds his arms, curious.

Harry accidentally blushes and his pink cheeks make them smile at him. He isn't ready to properly banter with his words.

The words are all there but it's hard to get them out. He wants to cuss at Zayn and get him back, but right now he's just sounding like an angry child.

"S-Stop it," he manages to say, calmly.

"Love the banter, he needs it," the nurse adds.

"Thank you, I intend to frustrate him with more," Zayn wiggles his eyebrows.

"Okay now, don't push it. We still need him to recover in harmony," she smiles.

"Hear...it," Harry reminds Zayn.

"When's his next session?" Zayn smiles, walking over to them.

"The management will let me know. Remember to walk around Harry and stay active, okay?" the nurse gesticulates as she speaks, hoping to help him understand more.

"Okay...w-walking now," Harry nods in agreement.

"Good. You're doing so well," she smiles as she gets her bag.