everglow: twelve

Everyone say hello to Dev Patel as Rohan x

When Nia tosses and turns for about the fourth time in thirty minutes, she decides to check the time and confirms that it's just past midnight. The vibrant city of London is still very awake and the view from her window provides that information.

Harry has always been a lover of people or being surrounded by people, so it made sense for one of his favourite homes to be in a central location. It's a secluded environment for his own safety but it's enough to stimulate him.

This is Nia's first night back here and it explains why she's finding it so hard to sleep. She has tried every single thing from meditating to stretching out on her yoga mat. Right now, there's a pillow placed between her legs as she blinks at the window.

It drizzled just a little and that's usually enough to get her to sleep but it's not working right now.

Nia places a hand on her stomach and it makes a little embarrassing sound. Alright, there's no point pretending to sleep.

Giving up, she calmly stands up and checks herself in the mirror. The oversized old t-shirt falls just on her knees and her curls have been pulled into a simple plait for the night.

The anxiety of everything has made her unable to stick with one hairstyle and it's frustrating. She walks out of the bedroom and into the silence of the flat.

The lights from the city's bustling nightlife cascade into the flat and she smiles at how beautiful it is. The living space is empty and she makes her way into the kitchen. It's super quiet and she just wants a Ribena to satisfy her late night sweet craving.

Everything has been stocked and arranged for her in the kitchen. The house manager was clear on Harry insisting on Nia getting every single thing that she needs to make her stay smooth and peaceful.

It's thoughtful and makes her feel a little weird. However, she's refusing to dwell on those thoughts because she's more focused on having a stable friendship with her ex.

Nia gets out her box of Ribena and happily walks out of the kitchen. The whole flat is still super quiet and she decides to check out Harry's office slash study.

When they lived together, she did most of her work in the office. Harry hardly worked there. They also spent a lot of intimate time there, having sex and constantly fighting.

Now, the office will be used for his speech therapy sessions and she wonders how he feels about that. Gently, she twists the cold knob of the door and pushes it open. To her surprise, Harry is silently seated on the comfortable sofa and staring at his old guitar.

"Oh shit, I didn't know you were here," Nia nearly panics.

Harry smiles as he looks up and she notices that his eyes are heavy with emotions, and sleep.

"Hi...Hi Nia," he says, softly.

"Hey, what are you doing? You know your meds require you to sleep," she clears her throat, sounding a little formal.

"Uh...l-leg...pain?" Harry sighs and touches his leg. "H-hurting...me."

Nia rushes over to his side and sits down next to him. Concern pulsates through her as she studies his leg and he manages to smile at this.

"I'm so sorry. Should I call the nurse?" she asks.

"No...uh h-hurt is normal," he tries to explain.

"Okay, but have you used your painkillers tonight?" she sighs.

"Y-yes...all meds," Harry replies.