♡ ... › PITY PARTY.★ ─

爱 fanfic : y/n x toman : ♡ • ›

🐿: the time with kei had gone by too quickly, and before you knew it you were with emma and hina, hanging out in the shopping center. "i can't believe you're actually fourteen now?! and that your birthday is on such a lucky date!" hina said she and emma had been completely giddy for the past half an hour you were there. mainly because it was your birthday but also because of the adorable bracelet your older brother gave you.

"i know!! y/n you are way too lucky for a girl?!" emma said giggling. you were all linked arms, you in between the two girls. it was sort of sad to not be with your brother but you didn't mind too much because you were with your best friends enjoying the day shopping for clothes.

"it kind of sucks when people just give me sweets for my birthday though because of it!" you giggled at your own remark but the other two did so too. it wasn't half bad honestly it wasn't bad at all.

"i heard from a little birdy that kazutora and mikey fought over taking you out to get food~" emma teased elbowing you playfully leaving you rolling your eyes to heaven over the subject change.

"what really?! who did you choose?!" hina grinned hopping on the band wagon just as fast. jeez some perks of hanging out with girls on your birthday! you thought to yourself half joking.

"i chose neither and walked away from the situation!" you said proudly with a grin. the two girls pouted at you and bombarded you with questions about it for the next half an hour of shopping. but its not like you could really blame them. usually a girl would pick between who to get food with like in those romance novels and films. but you didn't want a whole physical fight between friends over some small thing.

you all bought a few stuff, which the girls insisted on buying your things, which you couldn't refuse. well, because they're girls after all. nothing big or expensive though, and enjoyed the afternoon. and by the end of it you all sat down on one of the shopping centers benches with drinks and just talked, like girls did with your small shopping bags on the floor next to you all.

it was probably the best birthday you ever had to be quite honest.

well, that's what you thought.

RING RING

RING RING

your phone vibrated from your pocket, it was chifuyu. did he realize he said happy halloween instead of happy birthday to you or something? "hello chifuyu did you come to apologize for saying happy hallo-" you said playfully before getting cut off by the boy on the other line.

"y/n, it's about baji-san." he cut you off, he was being serious and not calling about the joking message he had wrote you this morning.

. . .

"what about kei?" you replied.

"he's gone, y/n." chifuyu spoke quietly, you could hear in his voice the fear, the agony, all the painful emotions that he was feeling. and in that moment you knew, this wasn't some silly prank. it was the bitter truth.

your drink dropped out of your hand, spilling onto the floor. and in that moment you did what anyone would, you began to run. you were distressed, it couldn't be true right? no matter what your older brother wouldn't just leave you alone for good? that's not the type of person he was. he was fine earlier, he hugged you he was warm he wasn't sick nothing was wrong with him. you couldn't accept it, you couldn't accept something so painful to even imagine.

the sobs, the tears, the pain from the other line was killing you inside. what the fuck happened chifuyu? why is this happening? on all days why today? it's not fair. his birthday is only three days away, he's only fifteen. it's not true.

you ended up at the location of the disgusting fight between the two gangs. and you saw, the thought that dreaded you the most.

it's a joke, right?

it's not real, right?

it's just a silly dream, right?

what the fuck.

you stumbled, tripped, running over to your brother who was there in chifuyu's arms. you collapsed. he's actually not breathing. no, he's just sleeping right? he'll make it. he has to make it.

"k-keisuke?.." the words were quiet from your dry mouth you couldn't help but stutter the words out, it was like a lump in your throat preventing you from saying anything other than his name. tears, sobs, agonizing pain. you felt it all. it didn't feel like a birthday anymore. you took your older brothers hand and squeezed it. it was getting colder by the second.

the sounds of police sirens began to echo through the street towards our direction. it made it worse. it wasn't fair. why now? you just wanted to be with your brother, who was now lifeless, smiling with his eyes closed. you didn't want to leave his side. you didn't even get to be there when he was leaving.

you were struggling, you couldn't move an inch of your body. "y/n we have to go.." the voice was quiet from behind you it was a sore voice. you didn't want to leave your brother. you couldn't accept the reality of the situation. it wasn't fair to just accept it and move on.   

he picked you up, and placed you on the back of his motorbike. he understood how you felt, of course he would. manjiro sano went through the same pain as you did when he was younger than you. but it didn't change the fact that you didn't want to just leave your brother. nothing about this was fair. not in the slightest. you clinged onto the male sobbing. 

"it's not fair" the words left your mouth quietly, you felt sick. you were distressed, panicked afraid of the situation. you didn't know what to do with yourself.

"i know it's not fair, i know all too well." he said quietly back with a frown upon his face.

it was a complete pity party. ★