♡ ... › PEACEFUL.★ ─

爱 fanfic : y/n x toman : ♡ • ›

🐿: oh my god

what had he done? what the fuck had shuji done?!

why.. why did she stand in the way.. why? why? why? why?

the only person he wanted to avoid bringing into any of this. the only person he tried the shield from the discord and filth of kisaki's plan. the only person who he ever gave a damn about. who never bored him, who never judged him, she wasn't supposed to be there.. she wasn't supposed to suffer at all.

tears, so many tears began rolling down his face.

he was.. crying.

guilt, regret, agony overcame him.

as for takemichi who couldn't cluster up any words. his expression full of pity, full of sorrow, full of fear. words replaying in his head. "you must protect y/n at all costs. otherwise the tragedies won't stop repeating themselves." naoto's words. the planning. the hard work.

all of that had vanished in a split second.

"RING A FUCKING AMBULANCE!!" takemichi shrieked at shuji who was motionless, succumbed of the situation. but, he did as told with shaky hands, a shaky voice and shaky thoughts.

you felt it, your body collapsing in the dark ally way from the gun shot. slowly, taking over everything in your body, the pain was excruciating. as for the boy you protected, the one that reminded you ever so much of shinichiro. you knew, mikey couldn't lose him again. and because of that you did a selfish thing, and shielded the boy from the shot.

now, leaving you with a bullet pierced through your gut. beginning to collapse into takemichi's arms, losing your senses. but you didn't want to go out in hina-chan's boyfriends arms. it felt wrong. you wanted to see mikey one last time. it would reassure you that everything was going to okay if you could.

but that would be selfish to ask for.

the sounds of muffled sirens filled your ear drums reminding you of october 31rd once more. crimson, spreading all over your white dress and the floor underneath you. what a shame, it'll stain the dress for sure.

"hanma get the fuck out of there" kisaki hollered to the shaken boy. but still, he couldn't seem to move.

your struggling body, takemichi's glare, and the sirens. the figure seemed to be overwhelmed by it all. you never saw him in such a state. not once in your entire life. it seemed so sad, to look at the boy who was so vulnerable and lost over the pain he inflicted onto you. in that moment you knew, all you could do is forgive him. 

─────

"she's lost a lot of blood hook her up right away!" the voices, they were all echoing. it was annoying, but still you couldn't even find the strength to open your eyes. did mikey know about the situation by now? was he going to hold your hand and tell you that everything will be okay?

i mean.. it's not like kei was able to do that for you now.

the voices.. they got faint again, until completely silent.

were you dead?

was all the suffering and pain done?

were you able to take the selfish way out?

─────

the hospital was silent. it was a complete different atmosphere as of during draken's surgery. mikey wasn't able to lighten the atmosphere, takemichi had a huge burden of guilt. neither would dare try and break the silence. everyone just waited, patiently. but it was obvious who was stressed the most, mikey.

he lost his older brother, keisuke baji and almost ken ryuguji. nobody couldn't expect the boy to deal with any more deaths for a lifetime.

"theres a high chance that even if the operation is successful that she could die after it. but it'll be finished in ten minutes, only one visitor will be allowed into her since we don't want to overwhelm her in anyway." a nurses words they left a cold truth in the room, was just enough to lower our spirits and hopes that much more.

nobody had to even question who would be that visitor. it was obvious by plain sight.

as of for the next ten minutes, they didn't hurry up in the slightest. they were going by slowly, as though on purpose by faith itself.

the guilt takemichi felt was growing, rapidly. what was he supposed to do? he couldn't say anything to mikey. its his fault that you're is in such a state. if you weren't ever put in the situation, if you never jumped out in front of him.

what would he do if you didn't survive?

the clock ticked

..and it ticked

....and it ticked

"the operation went well! someone will be able to go and see her-" the nurses words we cut off, by mikey. he rushed passed her without second thought, straight into your hosptial room. he hesitated for a moment. your figure, it was so pale, covered in pipes, and needles all over attached to the hospital equipment. your scent, unrecognizable due to the stink of hospital overpowering it.

you were almost unrecognizable to him.

your eyes, they met. the dark grey with a weak expression, and the black which were in complete and utter panic.

"you worried me" the words were dry, sore. he understood that the worrying wasn't over. not in the slightest but right now he just wanted to be able to enjoy your company, alone.

and he did, just as what you had longed for, he took your hand. it was soft, gentle and peaceful. you wanted to be able to reassure each other, that everything would turn out just fine, and that the two of you could enjoy the rest of your youth together.

"mikey-kun.. i'm

i'm..

going to see kei.. again" the words left your mouth with a peaceful smile.

"but.. y/n.. i never told you

that i loved you." his voice broke in that moment.

as well as the heart monitor began to squeak in an irritating noise. with a straight green line.

as the new years fire works began to boom from outside your hospital room. ★