♡ ... › GRATITUDE.★ ─

爱 fanfic : y/n x toman : ♡ • ›

🐿: it had been three weeks since keisuke had left you all alone. and within these three weeks you had barely visited your shabby apartment, instead more or less living with emma, which the family saw no complaint with. you cried yourself to sleep a lot of those nights, and visited his grave everyday to pray. you couldn't let go of the pain. as for your mother, who you hadn't seen since the funeral, only envelopes of money set for you in the kitchen every week. your apartment was barely even used. but, things were slowly beginning to sink in.

it slowly began to hurt less.

emma really helped. she never overstepped, nor bugged you. just supported you. it was pretty nice. actually, it was more than nice. but you couldn't ever really say anything other than "thank you." or "you're the best". in fact your speech itself was pretty limited since the incident. as though your body was refusing to let you speak more than the bare minimum.

mikey, had also been really kind. he went with you to visit kei's grave everyday, and the two of you also paid respect at mikey's older brother shinichiro's grave everyday. sometimes, seeing familiar faces, who couldn't even say a word to either of you. out of pity? or out of guilt. it didn't bother you much though, you understood. you also tended to replaced the flowers, when they began to die. if kei saw the amount that had been there by now he would've scold you for wasting so much money on them to just rot and die. but, the sentiment is what mattered.

it had been one of those days, you and mikey were just finishing up praying for both at the graves. you two had an unspoken rule, to never say anything at the graves. it was more, respectful that way. at least as far as you two were concerned.

─────

"do you want to do something today?" mikey asked softly.

"i don't mind." you muttered quietly holding onto his waist from the back of the motorbike.

"okay" his reply was quiet. in fact, a lot of people had been speaking to you with hushed voices since kei's death. was it supposed to soften the blow? thanks for the sentiment, i guess.

things were slightly getting better, but you still lacked so much motivation to do basic human things. you hadn't attended school since, nor let go of any of his clothes let alone touch anything other than his clothes in his crammed room.

before even noticing, you were at a juice bar. oh? this is new. whenever mikey suggested to do something, it usually consisted and involved dorayaki, that one fast food restaurant, or simply draken-kun.

"may i have two of those?" he asked the man behind the counter, the two had idle chit chat which you couldn't make out from sitting on mikey's motorbike so far away.

minutes later, he had returned with two weird coloured drinks. ombre? like slushies? he handed you one after helping you off his bike.

"let's go for a walk, theres a pretty lake over there." he mumbled. not even waiting for a reply.

the two of you walked in silence, sipping on the drink which surprisingly tasted sweet and refreshing. like a smoothie mixed with a slushie. it was original, and different.

you both walked at a slow pace, taking in the scenery. it all felt so familiar and nostalgic to look at it all. as though the both of you had been here before. if not repeating this very moment in a fantasy or dream.

you hadn't even realized it. you two were there, on a beautiful bridge watching over the river, and there in the distance. a gorgeous view of the sun setting. for the first time, in the past three weeks, you felt okay. like everything was okay, nothing happened, nothing was wrong, nothing made you feel in such a way.

and there, in that moment you let out a sigh and a small smile.

manjiro sano, you saved me.

again ★