♡ ... › DESPAIR.★ ─

爱 fanfic : y/n x toman : ♡ • ›

🐿: you had planned to meet up with emma and mikey tomorrow for new years day, as for today. takemichi insisted on hanging out with you, which was weird and suspicious but obviously you rather not pry into reasoning. 

"so what would you like to do?" you asked the boy whos focus and thoughts seemed to be elsewhere leaving you raising an eyebrow.

"oh! uh.. how about we just go to an arcade!" he yapped awkwardly avoiding looking at you instead hands shoved deep into his pockets and eyes on the ground. he could obviously tell you were suspicious and in fact looking at him dead in the face. but he hadn't the guts to look back and muster up a smile or an awkward laugh.

"sure, but err why did you invite to hang out with me?" you asked raising your suspicion on the jumpy and awkward boy.

"because if you're trying to cheat on hina-chan i will confront her about it straight away and beat the shit out of you." you added eyeing the boy.

GULP

"of course not y/n-kun! i wouldn't try anything of the sort. i just uhhh .. need relationship advice! yeah!" he shrieked, acting like a full fledged scared child.

"oh! in that case sure" you replied with a sweet smile skipping into the arcade with takemichi trailing behind. it's as though your mood changed in an instant. honestly, it seemed pretty scary to witness. especially on takemichi's behalf.

"what kind of advice do you need?" you asked the blonde while enjoying the dance game which he seemed to be struggling to keep up on.

"w-well .. i need date ideas and advice on how to .. be t-there more .. for her" the words were basically choked out of the worn out boy.

"hina-chan probably would like it if you planned a date completely or if you gave her three options to chose from.. but you shouldn't think of cliche things its so bland now a days. do something special for her" you replied plainly, increasing your dance score by double, leaving takemichi further behind.

YOU LOSE

takemichi's machine had it written in big rainbow writing, leaving you victorious with an eighty five combo and a collected score of 157,892.

"but like what?" he whined back catching his breath.

"i don't know?! maybe take her to visit a pet shelter? an amusement park? a movie she actually wants to see and not some dorky one" you replied with a small eye roll, leaning your body pressure on the back rail of the dance machine.

. . .

wait

was y/n actually giving takemichi good relationship advice for him and hina-chan? yep.. she actually was.

"wait.. thats actually not bad ideas" takemichi mumbled thinking about each idea individually, well apart from the amusement park, well because he was mortified of roller coasters and fast rides in general he would look completely idiotic taking hina there. but the best out of the three was probably the pet shelter, since hina was always good with kids and animals alike. it always seemed to make takemichi a little bit flustered to think about it.

"yeah i know, anyways i'm getting bored. you're pretty bad at these games takemichi kind of like emma-chan whenever we go together. but its fair enough for her she doesn't spend her time in arcades, but since your boy doesn't it mean you more or less do" you told the boy coldly and bluntly.

you could imagine a bar of his self esteem above his head just lowering from that blow. but i mean, you were just being honest with the poor boy.

"oh.. er.. okay." he said quietly, more than likely still emotionally getting over the emotional pain you just inflicted onto him.  

─────

the two of you decided to take the other way back for a change of scenery, and since the sun set faced the way they originally took and neither wanted to get blinded by the light.

meow~

. . .

a cat? the noise startled you, causing you to glance down the ally way it had came from. it was a jet black cat with sharp green eyes. according to superstition it would be good luck to spot one. without thinking, you slowly began walking towards it, having takemichi trail behind you once more.

the cat itself began to rub its head off your leg, it was adorable. and mikey would be jealous of it, considering he was such a big cat person.

"can we hurry up, please y/n-kun?" takemichi asked quietly, leaving you turn back towards the boy who looked distressed.

but then, suddenly..

BANG ★