Chapter Twelve; The USJ

Izuku P.O.V.

I groaned as I checked my phone for what time it was. "6:30 in the damn morning, why the hell did we have to wake up early for the USJ?!" We were all sitting in the classroom, waiting for our partners to be announced. Finally, Aizawa walked in the door and after the class said good morning groggily, he started announcing the partners for the day.

Yuga Aoyama and Rikido Sato

Tenya Iida and Ochaco Uraraka

Mashirao Ojiro and Koji Koda

Denki Kaminari and Hanta Sero

Eijiro Kirishima and Tsuyu Asui

Kyoka Jiro and Toru Hagakure

Fumikage Tokoyami and Mezo Shoji

Katsuki Bakugo and Momo Yaoyorozu

Shoto Todoroki and Izuku Midoriya

I couldn't help but to smile a little when Aizawa called Todoroki's and my name off. "Maybe today won't be so bad."

"Alright everyone go get changed into your hero costumes, find their partners, and get on the bus." The class seemed happy enough with their parings, even Yaoyorozu and Bakugo were getting along. Todoroki and I walked mostly in silence on our way to the bus.

We sat down towards the back, and like the walk the first few minutes of the ride we were silent. "I'll be honest with you." I looked up and over at Todoroki. "I have no interest in being a rescue hero, so I have no idea what I'm doing." I smiled. "I think that's why they put us together. I have no interest in being a hero, let alone a damn rescue hero."

He looked at me in curiosity. "I have to ask. Why be in the hero course if you don't want to be a hero." I forced a laugh. "I'm not really supposed to say." He nodded his head. "I understand."

I sighed. "BUT" he looked down in anticipation. "I will say that I had no choice. I was forced into the hero course by Aizawa and Nezu. And I would appreciate if you kept that to yourself." He nodded his head. "Yeah of course."

The rest of the bus ride Todoroki and I were mostly silent with a bit of small talk here and there. But it wasn't an awkward silence, it was....almost comforting. "Damn why do I like him so much?"

We finally got to the USJ and we got off the bus and headed inside. Once we were there Aizawa and Thirteen stood in front of the class.

"Now like we have explained before this is rescue training, there will be no actual combat. That was just for the rushed training before the USJ. Its why you have partners. Combat partners listen to your rescue partners. They know more than you. Now on to what we are doing today."

Kirishima raised his hand and Aizawa called on him. "Well, if there isn't any combat training, who are they?" Aizawa shot his head around to see a mass of people coming from a portal.

Aizawa and Thirteen yelled for us to stay back. But I could barely hear them. The blood was rushing to my head and my ears were ringing.

"It can't be Kurogiri. It can't be."

But once the portal closed and he was standing there with him. "Shigaraki and Kurogiri. It's been almost four fucking years but I found you. I finally found you."

My heart was racing. "Midoriya." I couldn't focus on anything but him. "Midoriya!" I finally going to be able to revenge my parents. "MIDORIYA!"

"I'm finally going to be able to kill you, Shigaraki."