Chapter Sixteen

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

After Midoriya left I didn't know what to think. "I never expected him to look so defeated." I got up and left to go to lunch. The line was short because I was late, so I managed to get through quickly. I sat my lunch down next to Momo. "Hey Shoto, is everything, all right?" I nodded my head. "I'm fine, but I need to talk to you for a second." She had a look of concern on her face, but she nodded her head and got up.

We headed to an empty hallway. Momo grabbed my shoulder. "Alright Shoto tell me what's been bothering you." I took a deep breath. "Midoriya." Her faced morphed into a look of angry. "He didn't do anything to you, right?" I quickly shook my head. "No, no! You got the wrong idea." She calmed down and crossed her arms.

"Then what about him?" I bit the bottom of my lip. "I promised him that I wouldn't say anything about what I saw, but I'm really concerned about him." Her eyes went wide. "You don't think, he'll, you know. Hurt himself?" I shook my head. "I don't think so at least. I know he is struggling hard and I don't know what to do."

She sighed. "I don't know if there is anything you can do. Just try to be there if he reaches out." I sighed. "I just don't know if he will, the only reason why I know he's hurting is because of pure coincidence." She just shrugged. "I really don't know what to tell you Shoto, I don't know him. I haven't tried reaching out. I don't want to say something that will end up being harmful to him."

I smiled at Momo. "Well thanks for at least listening. We should probably go back to lunch." We walked back together and I looked for Midoriya. But he wasn't on the beams in the ceiling like he usually is or at the other tables. "I'm probably just overlooking him." Lunch went by quickly, and Momo and I talked all the way back to our seats.

The small smile on my face quickly faded as the bell rang and Midoriya still wasn't in his seat. Mr. Aizawa walked into the room. "Where is Midoriya?" I gave a concerned looked over to Momo, who tried to give me a comforting smile. But I was on edge. Mr. Aizawa must've noticed because he called me into the hallway.

"What's wrong with Izuku?" I looked up in surprised. "Why did he use his first name?" "How would I know?" My voice was cool, and I tried to keep my expression cold. But I was failing. "If something happened, or if you think something will happen you need to tell me." I shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He started to get frustrated. "Todoroki, I know something is a matter. As Izuku's legal guardian I have to know if something happened to him." I was surprised to say the least. "Legal guardian? Since when? Is that why he is so upset?" I looked up at him and bit my lip nervously. "Surely it will be ok to tell him then, right?"

I sighed. "I walked into Midoriya sobbing in the bathroom earlier in the day, when you were gone talking to that teacher. He talked to me about it during lunch and he looked like he was in a lot of pain. But I promised him I wouldn't say anything to anyone." Mr. Aizawa's face is typically emotionless. No one can read him.

But pure heart break sprawled across it as I told him what happened.

"Thank you for letting me know. Please do keep it to yourself, along with me being Izuku's legal guardian." I nodded my head at him. He told me to go back to class and after a few minutes he walked in and called someone. We sat in silence until Principle Nezu showed up. "Go ahead and go Shota." He nodded his head at him and walked out.

"I hope I didn't cause any problems."

Shota Aizawa P.O.V.

"I walked into Midoriya sobbing in the bathroom earlier in the day, when you were gone talking to that teacher. He talked to me about it during lunch and he looked like he was in a lot of pain. But I promised him I wouldn't say anything to anyone." My mind started racing, and my heart shattered.