Chapter Nineteen

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

My heart was pounding as I was waiting for Midoriya to get out of the locker room. "Just what did my father do to him?" I could feel my throat tighten up as if I was about to throw up and my head went light with anxiety.

My heart nearly flew out of my chest as I spun my head around to see Midoriya coming out of the locker room. "H-hey I wanted to talk to you about what you said before your fight." He rolled his eyes "The whole fear thing? Yeah sorry I'm not like the rest of you who wants to make everyone have a false sense of security."

He started to walk away. I took a deep breath and grabbed his shoulder. I could feel my face try to grow red, but I pushed it down deciding it was not the time for that. "No, I wanted to talk about what you said about my father." His eyes widen, and his usual cool look turned out a glare of hatred.

I stepped back in anticipation of him screaming at me, hitting me, something to show how pissed off he was that I brought it up. But instead he took a deep breath and calmed down. "I should've guessed it was about that."

He leaned against the wall with his arms folded. "So, you want to hear how the great hero Endeavor handled a child who just heard his parents tortured and killed?" I could feel my stomach tighten and I looked down. "God this might be worse than I thought."

I looked back up and tried to look him in the eyes but I couldn't. I looked back down, my bangs covering my eyes as I closed them. I stood there in the darkness in an over barring amount of anxiety. My mind was racing.

"Whatdidhedo?Whatdidhedo?Whatdidhedo?Whatdidhedo?Whatdidhedo?"

Suddenly I felt a cold hand on my chin pushing my head up slightly and as I opened my eyes my mind went blank and I felt my face go red as I saw Midoriya giving me a small smile. "Todoroki don't shut down over this. I don't blame you; I don't hate you. Just take a breath." Our eyes locked for a moment before he let go and I looked away quickly.

"So did you want to hear the story?"

I nodded my head. "Only if you want to tell it." He looked down; a frown formed across his battered face. In that moment it looked he aged thirty years.

He started from the beginning. He said how he was always a quite kid with very few friends. And Bakugo and him used to be best friends before he got his quirk. Bakugo deemed it villainous and everyone hated him since.

"But I never let it bother me, really. I didn't mind being alone. I was smarter, stronger, and better than all of them anyways." He said this with a smirk across his face. "Besides I had my parents, the only people in my life who believed in me and loved me for me. What more could I ask for?"

I was shocked when he was telling me about the early part of his life. He has had it rough so early on, at least I had a few years before my dad went berserk. He was hated and shunned. Yet he was an optimist, he was happy.

His smiled quickly faded. "I mean it was great until the night they died." I could feel my heart sink. "It was hot that night, though I was cold like I always am. My quirk makes me as cold as a dead body you see."

I nodded my head solemnly. He smiled. "What's a matter? I haven't even gotten to the sad part yet." He chuckled and I shook my head at him. "Your always cold? You don't know what the heat feels like at all?" He shook his head. "But I have always been curious."

"I can warm you up." I mumbled. "What was that?" I shot my head up. "Uh- nothing, continue."

"Uh yeah ok." He looked down. "So, it's really hard to talk about this, in fact I don't think I've told this story to anyone except for the police that night. But um I heard them break in because my window was open. I ran to my parents' room where they said good bye and hid me on the roof."