Chapter Twenty-Two; The Sports Festival Pt 2

Izuku P.O.V.

            We started to walk back to the arena, not having a break between the first and second event. The whole walk back I could feel daggers in my back as they all stared at me. I mean what did I expect? I did lose that first match on purpose.

There were two reasons for that. The first being Midnight, who is in charge of these tests. She is the hero of impulse decisions, one of the heroes I hate most. I mean really, on one hand we have All Might the hero that is the pillar of peace and hope. Then there was Midnight, the hero of impulse decisions??

So, to avoid being at the blunt end of her rash decision making, I lost that round. But it was also because I was keeping an eye on two things. Or rather two people. The first being a purple haired boy who was manipulating two other students. How? I'm not completely sure. My guess is that it is some sort of vocal cue, considering he only talked to those two students before the event. So, I will avoid a conversation with him.

The second being a boy who can copy quirks. It's not his quirk I'm so much worried about, I doubt he will be able to copy mine since mine is a transformation quirk, but it's how he uses his quirk in a team setting. It seems that class 1-B is working together and he is the centerpiece that is pushing everything forward.

And if I'm right about what the next test is then they both will prove incredibly useful.

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

Everyone was staring at Midoriya as we were walking back, and to be honest I couldn't help but do it too. I mean what was he thinking? Losing the first round like that. Unless he knows something, we don't...

"Hey Todoroki."

I looked over at Momo.

"Yes?"

"You know what comes next right?" She had a certain type of dread in her eyes and how can I blame her? I wasn't looking forward to it either.

I sighed. "Yes, I know what comes next."

I looked over at Bakugo before jogging over.

"Hey Bakugo I have to talk to you about something." He scoffed at me.

"And why the hell would I want to talk to YOU?!"

I took a deep breath. "Be patient Shoto."

"Because I have a proposition."

Shota Aizawa P.O.V.

Hizashi and I have always announced the sports festival together. This year was no different, except for the fact that he won't talk to me because of the fight we had the other day.

"I'm going to go grab some water."  I nodded at him and he left the room.

"I need to stop thinking about that damn fight, he will come talk to me when he is ready."

My thoughts shifted to Izuku not winning the first event.

"Is he really not taking this seriously? After I even asked him specifically to take this seriously?" I shook my head.

"No, no. There is something else. He looked serious about this when we left, and he was excited in class when I announced it..."

"Thinking about Midoriya?" I jumped in surprise.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Hizashi came back and sat in his seat.

"We might have differing opinions about him, Shota, but I can tell you one thing for sure."

"And what is that?"

"There is no way in hell he is going to just lie down and lose. He obviously hates losing. He might try to hide it, but he's a show off. The introduction quiz he won every. Singe. Test. Except for throwing the ball. When he took the entrance exam, he fought that huge robot just because he could."

I stared at him, in awe. "I didn't think you were paying that close attention to him."

He scoffed. "I don't want him around, but I'm not negligent. I am technically his parent too."

I gave him a half smile.

"I don't know, he did lose the villain vs hero test."

"That's because he got carried away. Trust me Shota, I'm right on this one."

"I trust you."

Midoriya P.O.V.

When we finally got back to the arena Midnight was on a stage waving us towards her. She pulled the microphone up to her mouth before speaking into it.

"Alright time for the second event!" She threw her whip into the air.

She then went into a long and descriptive explanation over the rules but to sum it up in the second round we get into teams of three. The higher your placement was the last time the more points your band is worth in this event. If you end this round with more than zero points then you move on.

I smiled at myself as I thought the rules over. "Perfect this is exactly what I thought was going to happen." Nezu might be a genius but he sure does love his patterns. It is how I know what events we are doing. This is very similar to an event they had several years ago. But of course, he knows that there will be students like me and Yaoyorozu who will figure this out. This is why Midnight is in charge of the events. As the hero of impulse decisions, she will change something up eventually. I'm sure this is just the first of her changes.

"Now that I have explained the rules, everyone go find their team of three!"

I looked over and saw the purple haired kid with two other students under his control. I used my telekinesis to grab him and bring him over to me, and as I dragged him over to me, I accidently knocked over the other two who then snapped out of it and ran away from him.

"So that's his weakness. How convenient."

"Hey what the hell are you doin-?!" I shut his mouth with my quirk and put my finger over my lips.

Then I looked over and grabbed the blonde boy and dragged him over. He looked pissed.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" I smiled at them both.

"No need for you two to be mad, I think we three would make a great team. What do you say?"

The boy with purple hair shook his head and the blonde boy scoffed.

"Like I would ever team up with someone from your clas-" I shut his mouth and tears started welling from his eyes. It was clear that I accidently made him bite the tip of his tongue. The purple hair boy face drained of color.

"I think you misunderstand. I wasn't asking." My smile faded and was replaced with an emotionless stare.

"Do you understand?" They both nodded their heads.

"Good, now I'm going to let you both down and we can introduce ourselves."

I let them down and the blonde boy started coughing and spit out some blood, from the looks of it I didn't make him bite off a chunk of his tongue, it was just the very tip of it that I grazed.

The purple-haired boy opened his mouth to speak but before he could I shut it again.

"I'm going to make myself very clear on this. If you EVER try to use your quirk on me, I will guarantee to you that will be your last time using your quirk. Are we clear?" He nodded his head and I let him go again.

The blonde boy stood up again.

"Now that we are all collected, let's introduce ourselves and our quirks. I'll go first. My name is Izuku Midoriya and my quirk is Necromancy. I can use and enhance the quirks of the dead." I was expecting some sort of negative or even fearful reaction, but they both smiled at me.

"That's... actually really cool." The purple haired boy smiled.

"Eh, it's alright I guess but mine is WAY better than anyone is class 1-A's." The blonde boy put his hand on his forehead and grinned.

"Alright then what's your quirk then Mr. Imbetterthaneveryone." The purple haired boy was clearly teasing him but the blonde boy seemed mildly agitated.

"First off its Monoma, and secondly it's called copy. I can copy anyone's quirk and use it as my own. I know it's pretty amazing; you can compliment me all you want."

The purple-haired kid started snickering. "So, you're heavily dependent on the quirks you have around you and hope to God that their quirk isn't too much for you to handle?"

Monoma scoffed "Alright then since you're such a critic then what's YOUR quirk then purple hair?"

Purple hair smiled. "It's Shinso, first of all, and secondly my quirk is Brainwashing. It lets me control other people's minds." Monoma forced a laugh.

"Let me guess it has an awfully terrible activation requirement that makes it impossible to use- "His eyes glazed over for a couple seconds then he snapped out of it.

"How did you do that??"

"It isn't a terrible requirement at all actually, but I will keep that to myself."

I rolled my eyes. "It's when someone responds to you verbally, right?" He looked at me wide eyed.

"It isn't hard to figure it out, you just waited this long to use it before using it to try and throw us off its activation requirement but I saw you use it before the last event." Monoma smiled.

"HA so someone just doesn't have to talk to you and then you don't have any control over them. You're practically quirkless when someone knows that rule of yours." Shinso rolled his eyes.

"You'll be surprised how much people still fall for it without even thinking."

"Yeah, it's still nothing compared to mine."

Shinso scoffed. "Oh yeah? Let's just see who gets a higher placement in this festival, tough guy."

"I don't need to see, I already know it's going to be me." Shinso started to get more and more annoyed with this guy's fanatics.

"I'll make you eat those words idiot."

"Will you two shut up? You're not going to place higher than anyone in class 1-A. That is, the ones that are going to survive this event." They both glared at me.

"Oh yeah, and how do you know that??" They said in unison.

"You see those three over there?" I gestured to Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, and Bakugo who were standing together.

"Yeah, what about them?" They said again in unison.

"Well, the kid who has white and red hair is third in the class in terms of overall strength and third in intelligence. He is also Endeavor's kid. The blonde kid with spiky hair is second in overall strength and second in overall intelligence. And the girl that's over there is tied in first for the most intelligent in the class and is in the upper half in strength."

I looked back over and even Monoma was sweating a little bit.

"Why would they work together?? Don't they want to prove that they are better than each other?" Monoma almost looked disgusted that they would even consider working together.

"Well, you see there is something that is more important than proving they are better than each other."

"And what's that?" Shinso narrowed his eyes at me.

"Beating me."

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

Bakugo growled as he stood with Momo and I. He was clearly unexcited to be working with us. But even he can put his pride aside when it comes to beating Midoriya.

"Just so you know, I fully plan to crush you in the final event." I looked over at Bakugo who had decided to take a break from his growling to threaten me.

"Same here."

He scoffed. "As if you can."

We stood there in silence as I watched Midoriya scare the shit out of two boys he dragged over to him. But after a few minutes it actually seemed that they were tolerating each other's presence.

Then Midoriya looked over here and we made eye contact; he smirked and I looked away quickly, feeling my face starting to turn red.

Soon after Midnight told us to spread out and the countdown to the second event started.

Present Mic's voice boomed over the stadium as he counted down. "3...2...1...GOOOOO!"

The entirety of class 1-A darted towards Midoriya and everyone else darted toward me and my team since we had the most points. Though you can pass by simply having points, no one wants to settle for anything less than first.

Bakugo and I carried Momo. I shot out ice toward anyone who was charging us and anyone I missed Bakugo blasted away with his quirk. Momo would use her quirk to grab the points off of other teams we knocked down. Usually using a hook made of some sort of metal to scoop up their bands off of their arms and necks.

We knocked down two teams before Midoriya and I locked eyes for the second time today, and again he was smirking. But this time was different, he was clearly planning something malicious.

He was sitting on top of the two other boys' shoulders that he had forced to be in a team with, and soon they were floating, his eyes shining with a bright white hue. The ground started shaking and a tentacle-like structure appeared out of the ground and with a wave of his hand the tentacle swooshed through the air, knocking everyone down. Except for us because I used my ice to freeze us to the ground right as he waved his arm.

When everyone was on the ground Midoriya pulled off all of their point bands and brought them towards him and sat them around his neck and the neck of his team mates before letting all three of them down and the tentacle collapsed back into the ground.

The audience went silent, even Present Mic who was commenting on everything that was happening went silent. It was as if the world itself was in awe.

"We are in some deep shit icyhot."

Midoriya P.O.V.

The stadium went silent as I let us three down. The loud crash of the tentacle being the only noise in the stadium.

"I'll let you two take it from here, I have to save my energy for the last round."

"It seems even you have a limit, Midoriya." Shinso sounded like he was still in awe.

"The only weakness my quirk has is the quirk itself."

Monoma forced a laugh "What does that even mean."

I shook my head. "It doesn't matter. I'll help when I can but I'm kinda busy keeping everyone pinned down right now."

"You're keeping everyone in here on the ground?!?" Shinso started to sound more and more impressed.

"Yes, and I could just finish it but I want those three to pass on to the final round and I don't wanna do all of the work."

"You cocky bastard, we don't need you." While Shinso was impressed, Monoma sounded increasingly annoyed.

"THREE MINUTES LEFT." Present Mic's voice seemed to snap everyone out of it and the crowd started cheering as Todoroki and his team started dashing towards us.

Monoma and Shinso did the same and soon we were at a standoff.

Monoma managed to touch Todoroki and copy his quirk. He shot a huge amount of ice at them which caused Todoroki and Bakugo to jump back.

"DAMN YOU ICYHOT PAY ATTENTION!"

"Wow you must be pretty weak if you have to blame your teammates."

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SA-?!" He was cut off mid-sentence.

"Bakugo! Bakugo what's a matter??" Yaoyorozu started shaking Bakugo who then snapped out of it.

"What the hell just happened?!" He was furious.

"You fell for my trap idiot." Shinso smirked as the rage grew on Bakugo's face.

"SHUT UP YOU- "Again his eyes glazed over and Monoma shot ice at them again which caused them to lose balance and fall over. Bakugo crashed into the ground and was brought back to the real world.

"Bakugo, stop responding to him!" Todoroki started to sound desperate.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO."

"Wow you're supposed to be one of the smartest kids in 1-A and yet you keep falling for the same thing over and over again."

Bakugo boiled over. "I'LL KILL YOU. YOU'LL REGRET EVER BEING BORN." But once again he fell victim to Shinso quirk before he could do anything. Then Monoma took this opportunity and froze all three of them while I helped pin them down with my quirk for the last fifteen seconds of the event.

It was easy with Bakugo under Shinso control, all three of them frozen, and with my telekinesis holding them down. We ended up being first having all of the bands except for three teams' worth.

As Present Mic announced that the second event was over, I let everyone go and Todoroki broke free of Monoma's ice and Bakugo snapped back to reality. He went to attack Shinso but Todoroki grabbed his shoulder and said that they had lost and Bakugo looked humiliated.

Shinso, Monoma, and I walked away to the break room as they announced the next event was going to be a 1v1 fight and that they would play it by ear with only six contenders left in the sports festival.

A/N: Hey guys, so I have had this chapter ready for a while but Wattpad wouldn't let me post for some reason. So sorry for the month long wait, but I'm hoping to have the final part of the Sports Festival out by later this week. As always feel free to leave feedback and have a great rest of your day! :)