Chapter 6 - Hurt

I push down the unknown feeling I had. "S-Shattered!" Cross says nervously. It was so damn obvious. I hid the urge to laugh. "So, I had to find out the hard way that Cross already....reunited with you before anyone else." Blue said as he tapped his foot a few times. "Getting straight to the point, eh?  Well of course I've met Cross first. He was searching for me non-stop." I said with an amused look. Blue glanced worriedly at Cross, "He still treats me well Blue and I'll continue working with him." Cross spoke quickly.

Why did Blue look concerned? Does he think I'm dangerous? He must be not as naive as I thought. "Me and Cross have a lovely bond that could never break, I would never hurt him." I said with a bright smile. Cross looked away for a second, "you still are as sweet as ever." I didnt know how to respond to that. "...." It hurts...? What hurts? I dont know what this feeling is, I...am scared of this feeling. "Ahem, well, is there an exact reason you two came?" I asked in a serious tone. The mood shifted slightly, but Cross seemed unfazed by this. "Well, I wanted to confront you about something...." Blue says awkwardly. "Oh~? Well, go ahead." I said.

"I wanted to ignore this but if it drags on too long then I might believe my lie I set for myself." Blue says quickly and he sighs. "I know you aren't actually Dream. That would be stupid if I believed such thing. Like you said, Dream is gone and your someone else, entirely. But you are still part of Dream. Like it or not, Dream is still in there." He said confidently and Cross seemed slightly uncomfortable. I wasn't smiling anymore, I was angry of what I was hearing. This feeling rised more, the feeling that I'm afraid of. "And you'll need to accept that. You seem angry anytime Dream is mentioned. You are gonna have to get over it eventually. Like I learned that not everyone is good, just because they seem like it or say they are." Blue said.

It hurts badly, it wants to come out and the more I bury it, the more it builds up. "I....I think it's your time to leave Swap." I said as I clench my fist. Cross seemed to be relieved by something. Blue's face turned confident to worry and filled with sympathy. "Shatter-" Surprisingly, Cross interrupted him before I did, "Its for the best Blue." Blue nods and I relax my hands. Blue teleports away. I thought Blue was causing this feeling but it kept building up, I feel it overflow me. Cross walks towards me and places his hands on my face. I'm confused as to why but I understood as soon as I put my hand on top of one of his. I had tears pouring out and I wasn't even aware. I blush from embarrassment. "Its normal to cry, even for monsters like you." Cross says as he hugs me. I was startled for a bit but hugged back. My whole body relaxed. Me and him have been with each other for so long, doesn't matter if I was Shattered or Dream, he would still care. "Still my best friend through thick and thin, eh?" I asked, giggled a little. "Yeah, even if your a pain in my ass." I smiled to his response.

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter)

:)