Chapter 9 - Death at one's door

(TW: character death 😋)

It's been a week since the fight. I've been hiding away from them and only Cross knows where I am at all times. Spilling the drop of my feelings to them made me uncomfortable. Ink, Blue, and of course my brother. They all pushed me past the edge and didnt realize that they're the real bad guys. I gave them a chance to leave but of course, Ink was to angry to leave, Blue was too much of a coward, and Nightmare only felt guilty for my actions. I hate them.....that's a lie.

I clenched my fist. If they are there today then I guess....I dont know what I'll do but....god, I feel like I'm going to shatter any second. Ironic isnt it? Since shattered is my name.

I teleport there. By the tree. To my surprise I see Cross in front of me, he seems to be arguing with Ink. God what have I done? No matter what I do I ended up screwing things up again. I fight the urge to cry. Cross turned around and I realized they were both staring at me. "S-shattered! Your here." Ink said with a worried look. He seemed to be filled with regret. "This IS my home, is it not?" I asked in a cocky tone. Blue and Nightmare appeared behind him. I dont know how they knew to come here. It cant be a coincidence.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry how I acted yesterday, I wasn't very rational." Ink apologized. Blue patted Ink's shoulder. "You shouldn't be apologizing." I whispered, no one heard me. Well, unless someone had freaky super hearing that is. I clenched my fist tightly. "I'm sorry too, I should've stopped everyone from fighting. We are here to apologize and talk through things. Maybe be friends again!" Blue said with a sad smile. I frowned. "I'm sorry brother, I wish I was able intervene more instead being so blind to your hurt." Nightmare apologized.

I felt sad, angry, and confused. It was none of there fault for what happened. This is all mine and mine alone. If- I held back my tears. I cant even finish that sentence. All of them walked up to me. The three were behind Cross. This has to stop, I...
I'm the problem- I'm the problem to these terrible things. I laughed and they all seemed so shocked. I smiled. "Shattered?" Cross said slowly. "Do you guys never learn?" I chuckled. "I despise you all." I said with a huge smile. They all looked at me with dreaded look on their faces, specially Cross.

I put my hands behind my back so they didnt see my hands shaking. "You will never know I feel." I said to all of them. My soul felt heavy. "Shattered? What are you talking about!? I know you more than your damn brother!" Cross yelled at me and grabbed me by my shirt collar (I think that what it's called) and Blue automatically pulled him off. "Calm down Cross." Ink said. Nightmare seemed distraught by Cross's words. "I wish I was sorry~" I said as I teased Cross, he is too angry now to see right through me. He seemed angrier now. "Stop playing around Shattered!" Cross said as Blue let go.

(Platonically!) "I cant love you anymore." I said seriously, with a straight face. "Through all this time and you decide to break my soul now?" Cross says as he glared at me. I see tears forming in his eyes. Damn it. I let my tentacles out and glared at all of them threateningly. "Your soul isnt the only thing I can break. I'll break you nose if I wanted to. Or better yet, I can just kill all of you without a care." All of their faces turned into shock and devastation. Cross tears ran down his face as his arms relaxed. "....didn't you love me at all?" Nightmare asked quietly.

I backed up and laughed maniacally, "Look at all your pathetic expressions! You guys act like I'm Dream! Dream! Dream! Hahahaha! I'm Shattered! I tricked all of you! Starting with you!" I pointed at Nightmare. "You!" I pointed at Ink. "You!" Then Blue. "AND then you!" Then lastly, I pointed at Cross. "God, you couldnt possibly get any worse. Your sad Shattered." Cross shouted angrily. "I may be sad but I played everyone and you were my puppet through ALL OF IT!!" I said with an pained smile. No one would notice how much each word is hurting me.

One of my tentacles charged at Cross quickly, with the intention of just picking him up. But....

"Holy shit!" "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!??" "O-oh, oh my god.."

It all happened so fast....
I felt myself on the verge of tears, just about to fall...

"Oh god...oh no- no- no...
nononononono!" I whispered as I covered my mouth.

(End of chapter! Oof, dont know if that was to long or not but hoped you enjoy.)

(What's your thoughts or theory to what happened at the end?)

:)