Glow Up

Ronan

I woke up at 6 am quite excited to start my Sophomore year with my best friend.

I tiredly jumped out of bed and started on brushing my teeth and then washing my face.

I returned to my room and pulled out a white loose muscle tee crop top that said Venice on it with a black tube top bralette underneath, paired with the same jeans I wore not too long ago with the "destroy yourself see who gives a fuck" shirt. The ones with the holes in the knees.

And pulled on my worn down black and white converse.

I decided to leave my hair down and natural which was wavy.

I put on my usual light natural makeup which consisted of concealer, powder, blush, bronzer, lip balm, and brushing my eyebrows up ever so slightly.

I grabbed my school bag and headed down the stairs, perfect timing because Luke texted me he was here.

I headed out the door to see my handsome best friend parked in my driveway.

I instantly got into the front seat and smiled at him.

He smiled back and handed me a tea he got for me, knowing my distaste for coffee.

We did our usual car routine that consisted of us laughing, singing really loudly to the songs on the radio or the songs we played through the aux, and us bickering over something stupid, this time it was us fighting over whether subway or firehouse was better.

"How can you even say that ? Firehouse literally gives you a free pickle with every sub you get, who could compete with that ?" He glanced at me raising his eyebrows.

"Okay but the subs they make at subway are just too bomb. And they make it just how you want it AND they make it in front of you too." I replied back not backing down from my argument.

"You're a strange kind of human, you know that ?" He said shaking his head, breathing out a laugh as he spoke.

"Yes but I'm YOUR strange human." I replied back cheekily.

We pulled up to the school not much later. We got out and walked together like we normally did.

We got our class schedules and found that we only had one class and lunch together. Which was disappointing but it could be worse.

He walked me to my locker before we parted ways. "I'll see you in 3rd, Ro." He said smiling as he walked off.

I opened my locker and did what I'd needed to, then headed to my 1st period.

1st period was literally so boring. I was trying to keep my eyes open during the lecture.

It didn't suck too bad considering Luke texted me some funny ass shit during the class which was definitely the highlight of that class period seeing as I couldn't physically see him.

He texted me shit like "dude the girl in front of me has more of a mustache than me and I'm kind of jealous." And "I swear to god if the kid next to me let's another one rip, I'm gonna fuckin lose it."

Which definitely got me to stifle a couple laughs.

People definitely looked at me but I didn't care because I couldn't help that my best friend was such a dork.

2nd period went by rather quickly, I met a this guy named Michael and he was pretty entertaining.

He didn't sit near me but we definitely mouthed some funny ass shit to each other throughout the class for the time being.