Dinner.

Trigger Warning: Mentions of Sexual Assault and Self Harm.

Ronan

I walked down the halls of the school as usual and as usual I get the side eyes, whispers, slut shamed, etc.

I'm so tired of this shit. I wipe the tear from my cheek as I enter my first period.

I slump down in my desk and let my mind wander to the memories of life when I still had Luke and my mom and before I was sexually assaulted.

I wince at even the words sexually assaulted.

My life was so good. Luke was my best friend and we did everything together, My mom was my other best friend and I could talk to her about anything and everything.

Flashback

"Ro ! I cannot believe you just touched that thing, let alone held it." Luke looks at me in horror.

My mom had just taken the picture of us where Luke is horrified and I'm laughing and holding a snake.

"It was cute !" I reply laughing. He looks at me in disbelief. "You cannot be serious." I just laughed again. "You're just a wuss" his eyes widened and he held a hand over his chest with an offended expression.

"You're gonna get it now, Ro." He says before charging at me and and pinning me to the ground.

He leans in and at first I thought he was gonna kiss me. "That wasn't nice, Ro. So now I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson."

My eyes widen when I realize that he's about to tickle me. "No wait please-" I gasp before being he starts to tickle me.

"Stop-" I manage to get out through my giggles. "Okay I'll stop but only if you say that I'm the bravest and smexiest man alive." He smirked and nodded seeming impressed with what he came up with.

"Man ? You're a boy-" he cuts me off, "Do you want me to stop tickling you ?"

"Okay, okay. LUKE HEMMINGS IS THE BRAVEST AND SMEXIEST MAN ALIVE." He seems content and let's me go.

He falls on the grass beside me. And we watch the clouds as I catch my breath.

"Luke ?" I ask. He looks over to me as if telling me to continue.

"Have you ever kissed a girl ?" I ask keeping my eyes on the clouds in the sky above us.

"No" he says shaking his head. "Have you kissed a boy, before ?" I asks.

"No" I sigh.

"Why don't we be each other's first kiss ?" He suggests.

I look at him eyes wide. "What-?"

"Think about it, you're my best friend. There's no one else I'd wanna have my first kiss with." He says, backing up his suggestion.

"You're right. I wouldn't wanna have my first kiss with anyone else other than you, either" I looked over at him. Our cheeks were both rosy.

"Where do you wanna- ?" I ask, he grabs my hand and pulls me to the field of Daisies by the park we were currently at.

We stood there looking into each other's eyes before he leaned in and we kissed. We smiled and never thought of doing anything like that again.

We just wanted to make sure we had our first kiss out of the way for other people in the future. But I think I actually kind of liked it.

Even if it was awkward.